Chapter 16: Digidestined Who's?

"KARI!" Mimi shrieked running over to the girl and hugging her tightly. "Oh my gosh we've been so worried! We didn't know how you were going to get out of the dark ocean and…"

"Excuse me but do I know you?" Kari asked awkwardly pulling away from Mimi. 'This girl is crazy…dark ocean? Was there another oil spill?'

Mimi and Yolie exchanged a quick nervous glance before Mimi spoke. "Of course you do. I've known you since you were like eight Kari."

Kari gave her a weird look. "I'm sorry I really don't remember you…"

"Do you remember me?" Yolie asked.

Kari now gave her a strange look. "I'm sorry you must have the wrong person." She said feeling uncomfortable and turning to leave.

"What about Tk?" Yolie said desperate. "Do you remember Tk?"

Kari turned around. "Look I don't mean to be rude or anything but this is really awkward for me. I don't know you, or you, or whoever this Tk is. I'm sorry but you really have the wrong person." She turned and quickly left before either of the girls' could say another word to her.

"Yolie what just happened?" Mimi asked looking over at her friend.

"Kari pretty much looked at us like we should be in a mental hospital." Yolie responded quietly. "We have to get back to the others. We have to tell them Kari is here in the real world, not completely 'here' if we're talking mind wise but physically the girl is here."

"But she doesn't even know who we are. She didn't even know who TK was!" Mimi said exasperated.

"Yeah and here we are talking about a dark ocean, she probably went to go find security for the two crazies near the bakery…" Yolie sighed. "This is all getting so complicated and it's Christmas Eve. We should all just be home with our families."

Mimi sighed. "Well let's go back to Matt's first then we'll go home." She stared into the direction that Kari had left in. "You're right though, this is way too complicated. I think I need an asprin."

…..

"Oww…" Tai muttered as Sora helped him walk up to the door of Matt's Dad's apartment.

"Well you wouldn't be in pain if you stopped jumping out of windows." Sora said sarcastically. Tai's recklessness certainly hadn't gone down over the years.

"Oh why live on the dull side?" He said smirking as Matt walked in front of them and opened the door open for them.

Tai wobbled inside with Sora's help. He looked over at the two boys' on the couch. "Hey I love that Christmas show!"

"Tai!" Davis said jumping up off the couch. "They found you!"

"Yeah and we almost found Izzy too but…he got away." Matt said closing the door behind them. Tai limped over to the couch and sat down breathing heavily. "I'll get ice." Matt said heading into the kitchen.

"Where's Mimi and Yolie?" Joe asked looking around the room.

"Mall. Yolie was trying to get Mimi's mind off of everything." Ken responded. "So Matt said you guys almost found Izzy?"