Chapter 17: Back in the Real World

"Any luck?" Sora asked walking into Matt's apartment with Mimi trailing behind her. Tai looked up from where he was sitting on the couch eating cereal with Agumon.

"No, we searched all day but nothing. We have no idea where Myotismon is located now." He sighed, him and Matt had spend the previous day searching for Tk, Izzy, and Genni in the digital world while the others celebrated the holidays. "The whole search was a waste of time."

"Well at least we know where not to look." Mimi said shrugging. "Where's Matt and the other digimon?"

Tai looked towards the kitchen door. "He's making himself an omelet or something like that with Gabumon. Tentomon and Patamon wanted to stay in the digital world to search for Izzy and Tk some more."

"Well maybe they'll have some luck." Sora said shrugging and going to sit down on an empty chair. "I feel so useless."

"Don't we all." Mimi replied quietly checking her phone. "Yolie said she'd call when she was on her way. Ken had to come in on the train since he was visiting his family."

"What about the others?" Tai asked.

"Cody has kendo practice, Joe's working, and Davis has some indoor soccer league game." Sora explained.

"Well that's a bit innconvienent!" Tai said annoyed.

"We what are they supposed to do, Tai? Have Joe call into work and say 'I can't come into work today I have to save my friends that are trapped in the digital world being held by a vampire digimon named Myotismon.' Yeah he'll be fired on the spot." Sora rolled her eyes.

"They'd believe him, the digimon have showed up here before!" Tai protested.

"All they know is some monster have been here. If he uses words like 'digimon' or 'digital world' they'll have no idea what he's talking about." Sora shot back.

"Then he needs to clarify himself."

"Tai, drop it he's going to work!"

Mimi sighed in relief as her phone began to ring shutting Tai and Sora up. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's Yolie. Ken's train is running late but we'll be there in a bit."

"Okay we'll just hang out here until you come."

"Thanks Mimi."

The phone hung up and Mimi placed it on the table in front of her. "Yolie and Ken are running late, they'll be here in a bit."

...

Yolie hung up her phone and returned to standing against the wall of the train station. "Of course it decides to run late in the middle of winter when I have to be somewhere..." She muttered to herself in annoyance. She closed her eyes for a minute before hearing words that shot her back into reality.

"They're back!" One woman said.

"What's back?" Another woman replied.

"Those monsters! I'm leaving town, my sister just called me up saying there was a giant blue bug down town." The first woman said.