Chapter 2 - Jace

Chapter 2 - Jace

We all shivered from the cold. All except the twins whose shoes were wet and of course Zayn, the only Permian in the group.

Suddenly, we heard a large cracking noise.

"Do you guys hear that?" I asked.

"Get out of the way!!!" Someone yelled.

We turned around and a group of students were sledding with fireworks. We ran out of the way until they crashed into a pile of snow. One of the boys was tall, lean and lanky, well three of them were with some being rather tall despite being chubby.

One of the tall boys had greenish blue highlights with a black afro and a gray shirt and Levi's.

The chubby one was the palest in comparison while wearing a Jurassic Park shirt.

The tallest had a gaming shirt on with black hair and peach fuzz.

The second tallest had fast and the furious shirt with an Italian styled mustache with slight peach fuzz.

Iain helped the boys up. "Are you guys ok?"

"That was great... Can we do that again?" The Chubby questioned.

"No!" The other three boys yelled. They shook and dusted off the snow.

"Um, any reason you four crashed into our cherry blossom tree with your... firework sled?" Noah asked.

The tallest boy stepped up. "Oh... that. We're from the Omega dorm and we're looking for the Alpha dorm. Apparently between us and the Beta dorm are the only dorms to not have students placed in them after graduation."

"That's today? Jace, you said you'd remember!" Noah smacked me.

"I remember perfectly... I just chose not to tell you." I admitted.

"Ugh, Jace... Whatever.. Let's just go now. Evans, Iain, Bianca, Twins, Carnie your with us. The rest you go wake up Celina and figure this out." Noah explained.

"What about Kite?" Iain pointed out.

"Just take him with us, Aenar said we have to show him the ropes anyway." Bianca protested.

We went over to the main building and went into the room for new dorm pledges. It was like a recording studio with the room divided by glass.

"About damn time! We've been waiting for 30 minutes!" Trey argued.

"Yes, Imogen and I have tournament interviews to get ready for!" Spark ranted.

"Chill Sparkie, we had issues to deal with right about now." Iain explained.

"What kind of issues?" Imogen dared to ask.

We pulled out Ran, who was on his knees with white roses.

"Hi Miss Spark!" Ran declared.

She gave a scream worthy of an Oscar.

"Damn, that white girl can scream." Bianca exclaimed.

They were so in shock, even the heartless Trey fainted.

"I've always wanted to do this." Evans smiled. He pulled out a water bottle and drenched it all over Trey, giving him electrical burns on his skin. He then bitch slaps Trey over and over until he woke up.

The boy with the greenish blue highlights popped up. "Can we start now?"

"Not yet Jake, we still have to wait for Aenar." The tallest boy explained.

"I know that Michael, but I want to get this over with."

Suddenly, Aenar came in with his head deep in his clipboard.

"Danny said there was an emergency, that you would explain when I got here, well get on with it, I'm very busy with the barrier issues." Aenar commented, not looking up.

Ran smiled. "Hi Mr. Aenar!"

Almost immediately he dropped his clipboard and hugged Ran. I don't think anyone has ever seen Aenar so full of emotions.

"After I'm done hugging Ran, who conducted a resurrection without my permission?" Aenar arched an eyebrow.

"None of us. He came, with an Ashpodelian flower, we don't know, who planted it." The Twins explained, cutting each other off.

"Asphodelian? Probably from the mirror maze. No doubt Elissa will come for Ran, considering him as payment for the flower. As if two clans were enough to deal with."

Kite's eyes widen. "Elissa's coming?"

Suddenly Kite had tackled Carnie and hid behind the table.

"Is he ok?" Imogen stuttered.

"Oh he's worried about Elissa coming for him after he revealed himself as the 12th hero, not much..." I quoted.

Imogen muttered an oh.

"Kite, don't be absurd. As if we'd let her take you." Noah commented. "Aenar what did you mean 'As if two clans were enough to deal with.'?"

"Well," Aenar started, taking a deep breath. "It would seem that Ice Storm and Shadow Clan has formed an unsteady alliance and is literally just outside the barrier. Eldingar has commanded his forces to freeze the barrier directly, either we let down the barrier or most of the population freezes to death, assuming the barrier doesn't give in."

"Should we be worried?" Carnie gulped. "Eldingar hates pure elementals and I'm a Pure Elemental and I don't want to die Aenar! There's so many foods I haven't eaten yet!"

"Now, Now Carnie, they won't get you." Aenar ruffled his hair. "Things will work out in the end, I'm sure of it. Noah, Jace, consider yourselves lucky this time, the pledges will have to wait, we need you to help Kite train his powers. I'd do it myself but Dr. Simons and your Asian Cultural teacher are getting married this week and they worried something horrible will happen if I'm not there."

"The Korean kitsune or Kiaria?" Iain questioned.

"The Kitsune, Areum. They have been discussing it for months and decided they want to tie the knot should the worst case scenario happen." Aenar explained.

He dismissed us and we dragged Kite to the training room and set up the targets. Now that we have Kite, I might stand a chance against the one person I've wanted to face, Alec.