Chapter 12 - Ash

Chapter 12: Ash

Ok, you have been listening to our tapes for quite a while for this moment. What the freak is the dreamscape? 

It wasn't so bad. Their were bunnies made cotton candy, birds made of clouds, and the floor made of pillows. Trees were instead umbrellas. The dreamscape was originally supposed to be the perfect prison to reform criminals. 

It was also designed to be escape proof, since no one would ever want to leave as it was the perfect paradise. 

That is unless you are an emo, pink hating person like no one. 

“It's warm and fuzzy. It's sickening.” Noah shuttered. “Someone kill me now.”

“I forget sometimes Noah is allergic to these kinds of places. I'd help you out Noah but there's no weapons in the dreamscape.” Iain commented. 

Ashlee flickered a flame. “Not much magic here either.”

We looked around, the Evangelines weren't here, neither were Cast, Aldo, Ran, Nymph and Kite.

“Can't someone wake us up on the outside? Or what if we died in the dreamscape?” Carnie asked. 

“Bad idea, our bodies get hurt on the other side, we're stuck here forever, and if we die here, we never wake up in the real world again.” Airlene explained. 

“Then why is this place so empty then? Shouldn't there be more people stuck here? Surely someone would be trapped here too. Even by accident.” Jace tilted his head, munching on a cotton candy bunny. 

Suddenly a caramel haired girl wearing all blue came running. 

“You guys got to hide! Their coming to eat us!”

“Hold up, what's coming to eat us?” I questioned.

“The dream eater monsters. If your not in the hall of dreams, they devour you whole!”

Iain coughed. “Which way is it?”

The girl pointed and started running into a cloud building. The door disappeared as did the girl after we shut it. We were in a hallway when we noticed it looked like the checkerboard hallway at ECA with more doors and no windows. 

The doors each had a name on it. We each had our names on three doors. Ashlee and I had to share our dorms, same with Celina and her two sisters. Each door was different, White doors were the best dreams, Black were our worst nightmares, Copper was our memories. 

Ashlee and I wanted to take a road down memory lane so we stepped it. From what I remembered from that experience, it showed the important memories, the ones that needed to be seen by the user. 

For us, it was when we literally newborns. We saw two people standing over us. 

“Oh, look at the princes. Their so adorable.” A male nurse smiled.

As the male nurse reached to touch one of us, Ashlee set herself on fire, with her signature blue flames. 

“Aw…. The baby can already set himself on fire. I can't wait to see you take your crown.” A female nursed cooed. 

Suddenly, the doors slammed wide open. It was my father, completely furious. 

“Where is the blue flamed one? He can not inherit the crown.” Father muttered. 

“Why not your grace, he is of royal birth and therefore entitled to all of the Phoenixian colonies. He is the one destined to lead Phoenix as the greatest royal to set the throne yet.”

“Correction, he's half entitled to the crown.” Father paused, looking away. “Alixa had admitted she had loved someone before me. This one is not my son. Ashton will be the reino. Send this one to Argentina with his scumbag father. And if anyone tells discovers this, I'll execute you both.”

The pair of nurses nodded in fear. They had loved me and my sister. 

We looked at each other. 

“Papi lied to both of us, you should be the reyna Ashlee, not I.” I admitted. 

Ashlee rolled her eyes. “Me as a reyna? They'd never accept me as a royal.”

I held her hand, then walked out the door. Everyone looked conflicted.

“Guys, we have a bit of a problem.” I admitted. 

“So do we… Iain and I have deceived you all. Jace isn't a hero, Iain is. Or at least he was supposed to be.” Noah confessed. 

Both our jaws dropped. 

“If that were true, how is Alec is alive while Iain was alive?” Airlene inquired. 

“That's because they used the scissors of fate, cutting Iain's destiny and taking his powers while Alec regenerated. Jace was one of three clones to cover the story.” Noah admitted. 

Jace just smiled. “So, you found out.” 

“Wait, you mean to tell me you knew?” Iain arched an eyebrow. 

“Kinda hard to keep it a secret when you and Iain are snooping around. Plus if I was a clone, wouldn't I be the first to know about it?” Jace asked, sarcastically. 

Iain and Noah nodded in agreement. Zayn popped out. 

“Hey found the door.” Zayn commented. We followed him to a door labeled 4-9-5. Jace was the first to open it. Suddenly we all woke up in a prison. Not just any prison, Alec’s prison with dragonstone bars. I looked around, Noah, Carnie and Iain were nowhere in sight.