Chapter 18 - Imogen

Chapter 18 : Imogen

Now that both Nightmaren and Ice Storm are out of the picture, we still had two major problems to deal with. The Shadow Clan and of course finding the others. 

As far as I knew, we were fucking screwed. 

We're all kids not even 20 and we were fighting a battle we couldn’t win. 

Suddenly, we heard a very large explosion. 

“That sounded like the twins.” Noah commented. 

“Nah, the twins aren't that destructive.” Iain muttered. 

Suddenly, the other half of the hallway literally burst into flames. Not just any flames, blue flames. 

“Never mind, your right. That can only be the twins.” Iain admitted. We ran towards the charred hallway. 

Very large Shadow clan soldiers were now very big piles of dust that would put Thanos to shame. The Twins and Nikki were covered in soot and ash. 

“Hey guys!” Celina waved eagerly. 

“About damn time, you know how hard it is to blast your way out of a dragonstone cage. Like really hard!” Ashlee whined. 

“What's with Golden Girl, I thought she turned evil?” Ash muttered. 

“I changed sides… again. I'm sorry…” Zoey whimpered.

I bear hugged Celina. “Did they hurt you?”

“No, no, I'm ok. Did they hurt you?” Celina asked, concerned. 

“Who cares?” I smiled, laughing through my tears. I had electrical burns on my cheeks cause of this but I didn't care. 

“I do!” Celina assured me. I gently smacked my lips against hers. MacWeaver and Sakurayami may be the fan favorites of the group, but who cares? Celina and I maybe that one gay interracial couple but who cares. 

Celina and I were the real OTP relationship everyone wants. 

I whimpered as I gently bit her lip. Licking her lips. 

“Come on guys. We have no time for romance!” Iain yelled. 

“Fuck that shit!” Evans declared before kissing Rory roughly. 

“I love gay love stories as much as the next guy but I have to ask. When did Rory get here? I thought he was still at Witch Doctor’s?” I tilted my head. 

“That is a secret you will never know!” Rory argued. 

“The writers can't figure it out, and neither can we!” Evans shouted. 

Danny scooted over to Ash. “You know, since we're so lonely-”

“I'm a bisexual Latino, I'm not desperate.” Ash muttered. 

“All sexuality aside.” Iain paused. “We're still in the middle of our city being destroyed by fucking Alec. So if we're done making out with each other, can we please talk about what we're gonna do?”

“That's easy, we beat the crap out of Alec until he dies or surrenders.” Danny commented. 

Airlene pushed her glasses up. “I think he means we need a plan.”

“Zoey! You been with Alec these last couple of weeks. What did you learn?” Nikki asked. 

“Well, I… He has this secret room somewhere in the city…  No one is allowed in there, I got curious and tried to see what he's hiding in there but he caught me…. He said when were done with conquering the city, I can go wherever I want to go except there…  It's too important.” Zoey stuttered. 

“He's probably hiding some weapon or something. What else could he possibly hiding?” Iain hummed. 

“Uh, one big problem. We're like 18 people against an entire shadow army. How the fuck are we gonna get there with Alec knowing?” Bianca ranted. 

Ashlee grinned. “We give him something else to worry about.” 

We stood in confusion until we escaped to the center of town. Ash and Ashlee were holding hands, we even called up Mei-Mei Chong and Sunny Kim. As a precaution, we got Evans and Bianca as back up as well as Zayn. 

“Are you sure you want to do this Lee? This is basically suicide.” Zayn arched an eyebrow. 

“We'll be fine…. Probably.” Ashlee gulped. 

Ashlee squeezed her brother's hand tighter. 

“Lee, in case we die. Just know this, you're the best partner in crime any Latino can ask for.” Ash explained. 

Ash nodded and stepped forward. “I order the Shadow army to stop! Go in peace, or face my wrath!”

Suddenly a large but not complete set of Alec's soldiers arrive. 

“Who are you to order us?”

“My name is Ashlena Kurenai of the Phoenix colonies. Either you surrender now or you have some serious hell to pay.” Ashlee declared. 

The Shadow Army laughed… 

“A pure Elemental thinks she can stop us! Don't make us laugh child.”

“I'm not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you burn!” Ashlee growled. 

“Burn us? We're shadows. We can't burned by the likes of you.”

“Here's where you're wrong.” Ashlee grinned. “I call forth, fire from the pit!”

Suddenly the Shadow Army went up in flames as Ashlee whispered something. White flames scorned through the soldiers as Ashlee was joined by Ash, Mei-Mei and Sunny. 

“Damn, that's hot.” Danny remarked. 

“Well that has to get Alec's attention. Let's go.” Iain urged. 

We followed Zoey into the Shadow district. It was run down but vaguely empty. Zoey brought us to the room it was a apartment made of mirrors. The main hallway was mostly cracked and charred. It reeked of death as their were blood stains and broken swords.

Zoey knocked on the door in a certain rhythmic pattern. The door opened by itself. 

I gasped as I saw it. The chairs that killed my aunts, the original twin heroes, Mackenzie and Stormie. Killed by Alec via electric chair for refusing to join him. 

I gulped at the other murder weapons Alec forged to kill off the other two heroes he killed. Declan Frost, Zayn Denmark's previous life. You'd think that to kill an Ice hero you'd simply burn him to death. 

No, not Alec. 

You don't melt an ice hero. You crush him. He forged the Dragonstone hammer and crushed every bone in his body. He was interrogating Declan Frost. Declan never gave in. His body was broken beyond repair, so Alec gave him a mercy killing. 

And then there's the story of my girlfriend Celina's previous life. The Nature hero, Kaito Akiyama. 

Despite them being friends and was originally one of his supporters, Kaito was one of the first who tried to take down Alec before he could do more damage. Alec saw this as an act of betrayal and had a specific death for poor Kaito. Alec made a coffin of dragonstone and nails and knives and buried him alive.

Then we saw the real reason why Alec decided want anyone to come in. We saw a dead body, despite the age of her death she was amazingly well preserved. 

It was Noah’s previous life, Lumina “Luna” Jackson, the love of Alec Sakurai.