Chapter 10 - Ash

Chapter 10 - Ash

Ok, to recap what happened to us in the time between Willy Frost-Bytte’s party, just let your favorite Latin Phoenixian Hero explain. 

And no I'm not referring to my sister Ashlee. 

After Iain literally barked at us, we headed over to the Omega dorm. We spotted Carnie locked in a cage in the snow. 

“Ash, Ashlee, Could you help me out by melting the bars?”

We both looked at each other. 

“Give us a twenty and we'll do to it.” Both of us replied. 

Carnie pulled out his wallet. “But I only have a ten.”

“Then you freeze until someone frees you.” Ashlee laughed. 

“Cause we're nice people, we'll lend you a jacket at least.” I commented, I tossed the Korean my Nike hoodie in the cage. 

We were about to enter the party when we stopped by Michael and Joaquin at the front door. 

Michael smirked. “Sorry, we can't let you two in.”

Ashlee frowned. “Why the f- not?” 

“You're both pure elementals aren't you? You'll just spoil the fun.” Joaquin protested. 

“Esto es ridículo! We’re latinos just like you. We're pure elementals just like you. We suffer the same prejudices just like you. So tell me, why are you being dicks and not letting us?” I demanded. 

“You're not even latinos, not really. You're South American, you don't count.” Joaquin explained. 

I rolled my eyes. Central American latinos. They don't consider anyone born a centimeter on South American land a real Latino. 

“And besides, it's not my idea, It's Willy’s idea. He insisted we do this.” Michael admitted. 

Ashlee rolled her eyes, but then they flashed white for a second and turned on the empathic link. It was just like a telepathic link, but instead of thoughts we sense the other's mental and physical emotions. To some extent, we can hear the others thoughts since we have an long and established link, which we do. We feel each other’s emotions well enough to figure out what the other is attempting to say. 

I reconnected the link. 

_Ashlee: Can you believe these bobos? Their so stupid?_

_Ash: Don't worry, We'll get them back eventually. We'll get the rats, that always works._

We  went back to the dorm. We had managed to see Evans and his vampire date, snuggling on the couch. Both had hickeys and hands inside shirts, feeling the other’s chest. How fitting they were watching the Lost Boys, a vampire movie. 

I let out a fake cough and they stopped. 

“I thought we agreed on having the First floor to myself for tonight!” Evans protested. 

The vampire had been petting Evans’ hair. “Nah Dylan, it's cool. Sup, I'm Rory Ramirez.”

We looked him up and down. He had a pop rock shirt of what looked like a condom on fire. He had scruffy blonde hair, thick black glasses, no facial hair, tight jeans and a set of vans. Rory had looked like he was on enough sugar to give a heart attack to a buffalo. 

“Ramirez? I'm guessing you're Latino then?” I asked. 

“Yes, I'm Colombian on my mom’s side, she works here actually. ” Rory smiled. 

“You're mom isn't Mira is she?” Ashlee added.

“Yes she is.” 

“Good to know.” Ashlee replied, probably scheming something.

“Can we help with anything or can we go back to our date?” Evans protested. 

“This is a date? I thought you said you didn't know about calling it that?” Rory replied. 

Evans gently grabbed his face. “I did, now I want to call it our first date cause I don't want it to be our last.”

“We're just here to get something and then we'll leave.” I explained. We went to our dorm room and got the mice, Nacho, Taco, and Guapo. We got there cage and set them loose in the dorm. Suddenly, the party was over in seconds. 

We went back to the dorm to sleep to when the fire happened. Of course you guys know the rest from my good buddy Iain. 

Now that we're all caught up, on with the show! 

All jaws dropped when the now mentally unstable Zoey. She had a slight limp, like she had been through a lot of pain. She had a lot of pain and sadness in her eyes. 

“I'm looking…… for Jade Stripe!” Zoey declared. 

Ashlee and I took refuge behind the counter, dragging Ran with us. 

“Zoey, I agree that Jade Stripe is a cold, heartless bitch who needs to die, no one would stop you. If you want, I'd kill her myself.” Iain admitted remorselessly. 

“Hey!” Jade Stripe protested. 

“But Zoey, you don't want to go down this path. You'll kill yourself if you go down this route. If you stop now, you can still stop yourself.” Iain explained. 

“You’re still our friend Zoey, but you gotta stop. Alec is just using you to pick a fight. He won't care if you die!” Noah shouted. 

Carnie cried out. “Zoey, it's the black gold. It's messing with your mind. You gotta stop using it!”

Zoey looked like she was about to glitch, break down and cry, like if she wanted someone to stop her or kill her. It was sickening to the stomach. 

Zoey's hands were shaking, she forced a smile and laughed wickedly. “‘You're still our friend Zoey!’ You guys are just scared of me being stronger than you. You don't care about me!”

Iain clenched his fist. “Zoey stop this now, we do care about you.”

“You're gonna lecture me about being friends, when you're hang around with her! If we're friends, yet you let her get away with what she did. I'm not here just for me, I'm here for all the people she's hurt, for all the people suffered like I have cause of people like her!”

Zoey waved her hand and Black Gold columns were formed, separated us from her and Jade. Suddenly, Jeannette was stabbed in the throat, Zoey had killed Jeanette. 

“Jeanne!” Cast gasped. 

Aldo growled. “You're gonna pay for that!”

Jade tried to escape by shocking Zoey, but that arm turned to gold. Zoey tilted her head, and the arm came clean off.

Then came off the other arm, and then both if her legs. 

Zoey pulled out Jade's electric staff. 

“Remember this? What was it for again? Teaching me a lesson right?” Zoey licked her lips. 

Jade had shed a single when Zoey stabbed her with her in the gut,  killing Jade almost instantly after she had turned on the electricity at max. Zoey had got her revenge and then fainted.