Chapter 6

5 months later
Percy's POV:
I can't believe it. It's been 5 months since we moved into the house and everybody's happy. I spend most of my time there taking care of them, but when I do have free time I go to the city to get books to teach my family. I was on my way there this morning and I had decided to take a shortcut through the park when I saw a boy about 9 crying on a bench. It reminded me of— well, myself. So I walked up, sat next to him and said, "Hey, what's wrong." He looked up and I saw sky blue eyes stare at me. His black hair was combed and he was wearing a Gotham Academy uniform.

"Aren't you going to ask, are you okay?" He said like he was mocking me.
I stared at him intently before saying, "You're crying. You're not okay." He pause and then smiled at that, he wiped his tears away "Sorry, it's just, everybody asks me if I'm okay and well, like you said, I'm crying and I wouldn't be crying if I was okay.

"Why are you crying?" I ask and his face falls.

"My parents died a month ago and I got adopted by this man who never has time for me."

I think for a minute before I say, "Would they want you to be crying about it?"

He thinks it over and says, "No,"  so I say, "You'll always miss them, but they're gone and you have someone who adopted you. So go and figure out what's going out with the man that adopted you." he tilts his head like he's contemplating it before he stands up, gives me his hand and says, "Thank you, but I never introduced myself, I'm Dick Grayson."

I shake his hand and say, "Its nice to meet you Dick, I'm Percy, Percy Jackson."