Chater 16

"Are you sure?" Diana asked.

"I have to know that I tried."

Zatana, you go prepare with your daughter. Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Martian, Black Canary, Superman, and Green Arrow you will stand with us just in case something goes wrong. Proteges, you should stand by your mentors to assist them in whatever they need." Batman's voice rumbled.

"Remember, if it does work, let Superman go first with Percy because he knows them. We're going to do this on the beach, so Percy and Aquaman have an advantage in case anything goes wrong. Alright let's move." He shook his head and walked out in his usual dramatic manner. "He's  almost as dramatic as Zeus," Percy mumbled and Superman and Superboy heard him. They grinned softly and Percy just shrugged.

The YJL were smiling as they headed to the beach. Percy walked with his hand held tightly by Dick. As they walked Percy thought of his favorite times in this dimension. The time he met Dick in the park. When he moved his family into the house. Building his palace, finding each of the kids. When Wally and him played pranks on Green Lantern and The Flash. When Dick and Percy had their first kiss. When he met Dicks family, when the team and him teamed up on special occasions.

The moment when the team found out that Kaldur didn't betray them. When Megan learned how to bake with the help of Percy. Every time that they spent together was amazing for Percy. When he first got to this world, he thought he was going to be alone, but he soon found a family here and he loved them all. Even Batman and especially Kaldur. He never had anyone to relate with his powers back at Camp, but here they both helped each other and fought together well. There was nobody like that back at Camp.

Percy wasn't sure what life he was going to choose, the life that had the man he loved, or the life that used to have. Which one made him more happy? What would he choose if it came down to it?

—————

Zatana muttered something as his daughter took one look at the book and started to mutter along with him. Everybody stood tense as they casted the spell. The Bats were even more tense than usual. Wally just kept on sliding from foot to foot really fast and Dicks hand tightened on Percy's waist as a blue light started to appear.

The blue light burst and it opened up a swirly portal. "It looks like the one that brought me to this earth." Percy mutters and Dicks hold starts to tighten even more.

Percy steps out of his embrace slowly, but carefully and Dick frowns at that a little as he feels Percy warmth start to fade away. Percy steps in front of the portal next to Superman and he grabs hold of Superman's arm and Zatara did the same. They jumped into the portal and it was silent for a moment.

Dick ran into the portal after a second and he disappeared. "Nightwing!" Batman yelled. He rubbed his head and Robin looked worried. The rest of the protégés looked at each other and sighed. "Come on guys, this is Percy we're talking about, he would do the same thing for us." They all nodded and one by one they all jumped through the blue swirling portal.

"I'll go," Flash stepped up and sped into the portal leaving the rest of the league wondering where they had gone wrong.

————-

Percy, Superman, and Zatara came out falling and Superman caught Zatara, but forget Percy and he had to duck and roll just like he learned at Camp Jupiter. "Really Clark, really," Superman gave a sheepish smile and Percy rolled his eyes. He looks around and sees the lake where he and Annabeth had their underwater kiss. He bit his lip and then he sees the Tree Nymphs that gasp when they see him. The lights are on in the distance and Percy starts to remember the path to the pavilion.