Chapter 19- Ice cream

Arms wrapped around me from behind and I could already tell who it was.

“Hello, gorgeous,” his Irish accent clinging to his words. “What are you doing it here?”

I closed the fridge door and turned around to face Niall, his arms still around me. “Looking for some ice cream.”

“That’s my girl,” he smirked proudly, but suddenly blushed madly. My mouth gaped open and I smiled.

“Your girl?” I said in a joking tone and he smiled again.

“Well, if you want,”

I leaned forward and kissed him gently to show that to be with him was all I wanted. We pulled apart and smiled at each other. There were definitely sparks.

I rested up against the counter, Niall moving with me with his hands linked behind my back.

“So, ice cream,” Niall smirked and stepped closer. “We should get some before anyone else notices we’re out.”

I turned around to look at the lounge where they all were. They were absentmindedly eating whatever food was left, and if was getting quite late.

Before looking back to Niall, I glanced at the clock for the time. “I don’t think they even notice that it’s almost midnight.”

“Should we go?” Niall sighed and I joined in. I would hate for them to leave now- we were actually becoming friends. My dreams were coming true. I needed to buy some more time, even if it was for only a few more hours.

“Well,” I wrapped my arms around his neck so we were in a tight embrace. “We still need to get that ice cream, don’t we?”

Niall let out a quite laugh and nodded. “How right you are, love.” He kissed me on the cheek and stepped away, raising his arm to let me go ahead first.

“What a true, Irish gentleman,” I grabbed his hand and we walked out of the flat without another sound.

~*~

 We walked out of the lift and into the lobby. It was almost completely deserted and I let out a sigh of relief. I had only met Niall and the other boys- I didn’t want death threats from fans. I didn’t even know if I would be with Niall for much longer.

“Thank god,” he took a deep breath as he looked outside at the constant pedestrians outside. There wasn’t a sign of a fan; I was surprised, actually. I would have thought that they had trackers on the boys or something and knew their every step… sounded like something Meredith would do.

Niall turned to me and looked up and down at my outfit. “Are you going to be warm enough?”

I looked down as well and groaned internally. He was right- I was only wearing a thin shirt and denim jeans. I had thrown on a pair of white converse at the last moment, and I had no idea whose they were. And then I looked at Niall, who was wearing just a white shirt and jeans as well.

“Should we go back up and get some jackets?” I asked him and he shrugged and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“If we run, we’ll warm up.” Niall smirked and nodded towards the front entrance of the lobby.

“You want to run to the shops?” It was getting dark out and he would probably outrun me, leaving me behind in the crowd. “Niall, I’m not the most athletic.”

“Babe, don’t worry. My only exercise is jumping around on stage and walking to get some food.” He pulled me forward and removed his arm from my shoulders, walking a few steps ahead of me. He turned to face me as he continued to walk. “And if you’re not up for running, I can just carry you.”