13- Escape Route

(A/n: You already know how the All Might/All for One fight goes, so I'mna skip some of it)

{Your POV}

You jump back, startled by the sudden appearance of a pillar of ice, bumping into Bakugou. 

"Hey, kid, listen. I'm on your side, okay? I'll cover you and you get out of here." You hiss.

"Like I need your help." He scoffs. I roll my eyes. That idiot. Your help could really save his ass. You're both back to back now, surrounded by the League. You hear a loud whoosh above you and look up. Are you kidding me?

That. Fucking. Idiot.

It's Izuku Midoriya, along with Tenya Iida, and some red-haired kid who's holding his hand out, reaching for Bakugou.

Is it Bakugou's boyfriend?

Probably.

"Why are you just standing there? Go!" You yell and shove Bakugou while throwing up a wall of vines to block three of the villains. Bakugou takes off running and you feel something grab your arm roughly. There's a slight pain, like a small needle, as if someone just stabbed you. You elbow whoever it was in their nose and they fall backwards, both of you cursing. You see Bakugou making his way up to his friends, and you attempt to use you vines to get you up there as well.

Hey, if there's a free escape route, you're going to take it.

But your vines aren't working. You look back at your arm. There's an empty syringe sticking out of it, as if someone just injected you with something.

"Are you kidding me?" You scream angrily as you rip out the syringe and through it to the ground. Well, looks like no more quirk for a while. Damn it. Damn it all.

"Y/n, come on!" Midoriya yells down at you. You shrug and give a thumbs up.

"I'll be fine! You four get out of here! Don't wait on me!" You say, before hearing a clicking noise behind you. You stiffen up and turn around. It's Toga. And she's holding a loaded gun. Aiming it right at your chest. You hold your hands up.

"Woah, woah, woah. What the hell are you doing?" You ask, walking backwards slowly. "Where did you get that?"

"Nicked it." She says matter-of-factly. Her eyes narrow. "Y/n. You let him call you Y/n. You are a traitor, aren't you?"
"Toga, put the gun down."

"Tell me the truth or I'll blow your boyfriend's brains out." She moves the gun so it's aiming at the four boys in the sky.

"Put the fucking gun down!"

"No!" She screams. You tackle her to the ground right as the gun goes off.

{Midoriya's POV}

As we approach the ground, a loud gunshot echoes throughout the air. We all crash to the ground.

"What the hell was that? Is everyone alright?" I ask. Everyone seems to be okay.

"That was a gunshot?" Iida asked to confirm.

"Yes, I-" I suddenly stop talking as I realize that Toga was the one holding the gun, and she had been aiming it at Irakusa. At Y/n.

"I'm going back." I say.

"No! That's crazy." Iida grabs my arm. I pull away.

"I just heard a gunshot, and the one gun I saw was directed at the girl I love!" I say. "Don't you understand? If she dies, I die." I cough out a few flowers, as if to underline the point. Bakugou sits there, confused, as he has no idea what has happened to me, and Kirishima is just overjoyed to have Bakugou back, not noticing our argument. After a few tense seconds, Iida grudgingly lets go of my arm.

"Go. Save her. But be careful." He says. I flash him a grin before running off, toward Kamino Ward.

God, please don't let me be too late.

As I approach, I barely notice All Might and All for One. I just run out of sight to where I saw the League and Y/n. Toga, Shigaraki, and the others are gone. All that remains is a lone gun on the ground... and Y/n's body. I rush over and scoop her up.

"Y/n, please don't be dead. Please wake up." I say, tears welling up in my eyes. Her eyelids flutter open. Her normally bright e/c eyes are barely shining.

"Izuku... is that you?" She coughs out. There's a puddle of blood growing beneath us.

"Yeah, it's me. I'm here."

"Oh, great." A small, teasing smile grows on her face. "Out of anyone, why'd it have to be you?"

Her words seem to be mean, but I can see her smiling. Two flowers grow on her cheeks, one bright yellow, one light pink. I laugh a little, but it turns into sobs.

"Why did she do this? Why would she shoot you?"

"She didn't shoot me. I jumped in front of the gun."

"Why would you do that?" I ask, dreading the answer.

"Because otherwise she've shot you." Y/n says. "And although you can be irritating and annoying sometimes..."

"Yup." I nod.

"...I'd rather it be me than you. The world needs you, Izuku. It doesn't need me."

"Don't say that!" I say through tears. "I need you!"

"You..." She looks confused, but then she reaches up and wipes a stray bloody petal off of my face.

"Oh, no... you have... I gave it to you, didn't I?" A tear trickles out of the corner of her eye as she rests a hand on my cheek. "Oh, Izuku, I'm so sorry..."

I wipe her hand away.

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"So will I. Izuku, I-"

"Two kids, over there!" Someone shouts. We both turn our heads to look. Three figures are making their way through the rubble. Y/n reaches up and pulls the pink flower out of her face. She places it in my hand and folds my fingers over it.

"Keep it. It won't die..." She says, her voice now barely a whisper. She closes her eyes.

"Y/n? Stay with me!" I say.

"Kids, what're you doing? There's a battle going on!" The figures have reached us. I carefully hold out Y/n.

"She's been shot, get her to the hospital!" I say. One of the figures takes her out of my arms and studies her face.

"This girl is a dangerous criminal..." He says. I look down at the pink flower. It's rapidly changing from pink to grey.

"She's dying!" I cry.

"I'll take her." The man holding Y/n sprouts wings and takes off. I watch them go.

"Come on, kid. It's dangerous here." One of the other figures takes my arm, and they begin to lead me away. I look at the flower again.

Now, it's pitch-black.

(Thank you for reading the thriteenth part of "Entangled"! I'm so sorry for the long wait! However, I have a clean line to the end of the book. Next wait shouldn't be too bad. I'm a student with a lot of schoolwork most days, so there may be long periods of time in between uploads. If this happens, I'm sorry. If it exists, please click the button to move onto the next part. If it doesn't, it will soon! Leave a heart and a comment if you'd like me to continue!)