14- The World Needs You

{Your POV}

Flowers.

F/c flowers.

Falling from the sky, falling through the air, brushing against your face.

You can't move. The petals are starting to cover your body. You can't move. It's like sleep paralysis, but worse.

Is this a dream?

Suddenly there's a sharp pain in your stomach. You start to cough. Blood splatters out of your mouth. And suddenly the flowers are coming out of your mouth. You gasp but choke on a mix of blood and flowers. Black vines burst from your stomach and grow towards your face, covering your vision. You  catch a glimpse of green from between the vines.

Is this Hell?

What's happening to you?

Your eyes fly open.

{Midoriya's POV}

I yawn. I've been sitting in the hospital waiting room for about three hours. 

"Izuku Midoriya? What are you still doing here?" One of the police officers approaches me again. "I thought I told you to go home over an hour ago."

"Yeah, you did. I'll leave after I get to see her. Awake." I say, adding the word after I asked last time. I asked if I could see here, but all they did was let me get a glimpse of her asleep before herding me out and telling me to go home. The officer sighs.

"She's still asleep. But can you tell why you care so much about her? What is your relationship with Irakusa?"

I start to answer but start coughing. I pull a blood-stained f/c flower petal out of my mouth.

"That should answer your questions." I say in a raspy voice. I flick the petal off of my finger and watch it fall to the floor, wetly splattering blood over the blinding white marble tiles. "I got Hanahaki from her. If she dies, I die."

"So you are getting it surgically removed?" The police officer asks.

"What? No! I like my ability to feel love, and I'm not getting rid of it. Either she returns my feelings, or I die."

The police officer is silent for a few seconds. "You are aware that when she wakes up she'll immediately be placed under arrest?"

"I know. That's why I want to see her... one last time." I feel tears rising and cover my eyes with one of my arms. The police officer stands there awkwardly.

"Um, that's a pretty flower you have there. I like the colors." He says. I sniff and rub my nose. The black flower that Y/n gave me hasn't died yet within these hours.

"Yeah... wait, did you say colors?" I look down at the flower. It's not black anymore. Instead, it's bright blue with red streaks through it.

"She's alive." I whisper. "She's awake! Move!" I jump to my feet and shove the officer out of the way. 

"Hey, kid! Where do you think you are going?" The officer attempts to scramble to his feet as I dash past him and down the hallway.

"No running in the halls!" A nurse says. I ignore her.

"Kid! Get back here!"

I try to remember the room they put her in. "Thirteen? Fourteen?" No, it's sixteen, as that is the only room with two police officers standing guard.