Part 8-The Shadow=Midseason Finale

(At the top is the blonde teen girl Stella follows.)

The Next Morning

Danny woke up next to a shirtless Asher who was still asleep with a blanket covering his lower body. Danny got up and went into the bathroom to brush his teeth, but when he saw himself he screamed. "Ahhh!"

Asher came running into the bathroom looking at Danny who was covered in hair all over his body and when Danny looked at Asher, he muttered, "What is this?"

***

Logan was walking into the Coast Corp after stopping an armed robbery committed by two older men. As he almost got to the main lab with his suit and mask still on, Finley came out of the lab going right to Logan. "Keep the mask and suit on, there is someone inside who has a very intense meta gene and his boyfriend knew we could help because his father used to work here years before I did." Finley told Logan.

They walked back into the lab and Logan saw who it was and he opened his mouth wide, but closed it before the two guys saw him. It was Danny and Asher.

Vivian was taking blood for Finley while he was getting the MRI machine ready for Danny.

Danny stood up with his body covered in little hairs and he had a set of claws on his hands and feet with golden eyes looking at Titan. "So you're the guy called Titan?" Danny said as Vivian went over to the blood analysis device while Asher was looking around a bit.

"Danny, come with me into this back room." Finley stated taking Danny and Asher into another lab area.

Vivian looked over at Logan who was staring back at her. "Why did you bring him here? That's my cousin!" Logan said really loudly.

"Because we help people here, Titan, he is a meta with an outwardly showing meta gene. I want to figure out what this is for him." Vivian explained as she got the results from the blood analysis.

"Oh, how the hell?" Vivian said as she looked over at Logan again. "His dna isn't fully human anymore, it's mixed with cat dna. More specifically, tiger dna."

"So my cousin is half-human/half-tiger?" Logan asked confused.

"Yes. I don't understand how that is possible." Vivian replied. "Wait let me see some of your blood." Vivian said quickly pricking Logan's finger getting some blood.

As she started to analyze it more in depth, Winston came in looking even more somber than usual as he held a little piece of paper in it.

"What's the matter, Winston, you look sadder than usual." Logan asked jokingly.

He threw the piece of paper into the trash as he ignored Logan going into his office. Logan looked at Vivian going over to the trash can grabbing the paper.

"Oh well, Nevaeh left to go back to Central City....they did the deed." Logan said with a smile not really sure Winston had some game.

"Oh, umm, wow....let's get back to the task at hand, the dark matter in you is different than the dark matter in Danny. Yours entered you recently, but Danny has always had dark matter in him." Vivian explained very surprised by the discovery.

"Speaking of the dark matter situation, Have you guys figured out how all the new metas got the dark matter?" asked Logan.

"We've narrowed it down to a few things, but the biggest one is the storm that happened on Coast City day. But we don't know how the dark matter would have gotten into the storm." Vivian told Logan as they both turned to see Finley, Danny, and Asher coming back into the lab.