twelve.

"How's she looking?" Helen said as she walked into the room, dropping her bag on the floor as she shrugged her coat off, letting it fall to the floor as she ran over to me, pushing her dark hair behind her ears

"How's she looking?" Helen said as she walked into the room, dropping her bag on the floor as she shrugged her coat off, letting it fall to the floor as she ran over to me, pushing her dark hair behind her ears. Clint walked in behind her, smiling at Nat and I as he walked over, patting the top of my head.

"I got all the glass out" Bruce said as he moved the tray to the side, Helen standing over my legs and looking down at the cuts. She nodded her head as kept her hands behind her ears for a minute before dropping them by her side, smiling down at me. "Nothing my machine won't be able to fix" she told me as her and Bruce started talking quietly.

!

I sat on a chair with my legs on the metal table, my shins now in the machine which was creating new skin to heal over my wounds, my thighs already healed by he machine earlier. The lasers moved left and right down onto my cuts as everyone stood around the room, Steve standing behind my chair with his arms crossed.

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch" Bruce said as he sighed, setting his head in his hands from his position of leaning against a table. "He's been in everything, probably knows more about us then we know about each other" Natasha said, crossing her arms as she looked over at me, her eyes looking down at my legs before turning back to Bruce.

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked, his suit jacket no longer on anymore, his hands on his hips as he looked at Tony sternly, clearly blaming his friend for tonight's turn of events. "Nuclear codes" I said to him as Rhodey pointed at me, clearly agreeing. "Exactly, look we need to make some calls assuming we still can" Rhodey said as Helen clicked some buttons on the machine, the machine making a soft whirring noise as it moved faster.

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead" Natasha said as Steve shook his head. "He didn't say dead, he said extinct" Steve added as we all fell silent once again, the only sound in the room was the machine and the clock on the wall. "He also said he killed somebody"

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building" Maria said, her dress she'd as she stood in a pair of yoga pants and hoodie, most of the team no longer being in their party clothes anymore. "Yes there was" Tony said as he clicked a button, bringing up the now destroyed 3D image of JARVIS' consciousness. "This is insane" Bruce said, sighing as he put his head in his hands.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense" I said as I nodded my head, Tony shaking his head at me. "No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is rage" he said to me as Thor stormed into the room, not saying anything to us as he clenched his jaw, walking straight over to Tony and wrapping his hand around his throat, kicking him up off the ground. Steve walked forward, for entirely going over to the two men but ready to pounce if needed be.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy" Tony said as he struggled to breath, wrapping his hands around Thor's wrists, which caused me to squirm i'm my seat slightly. "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark" Thor said as Steve finally interjected. "Thor. The Legionnaire" Steve said forcefully as Thor finally listened, placing Tony back down on the floor as he took in a few deep breaths, Bruce putting his hand on his back to see if he was okay.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again" Thor told us as he shot another look at Tony, briefly glancing at my legs in the machine before he looked back over at Steve. "The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron" I said with a shrug, everyone nodding their heads. "I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Helen spoke up from my side, everyone looking at her as we forgot she was her with us.

Tony shakes his head as he starts laughing, all of us snapping our heads to him confused on how he could remotely find this situation funny. Bruce stood by his side as he shook his head subtly, whispering to Tony and telling him to stop. "You think this is funny?" Thor asked him forcefully, probably ready to wrap his hand around his throat again. "No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? It's so terrible" Tony said as he stopped laughing, putting his fingers on either side of the bridge of his nose, still smiling.

"This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand" Thor countered as Tony held his hands up in surrender. "No, I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this" Tony told us, looking back up at us as he shoved his hands into his pockets, shrugging his shoulders lightly. "You guys don't see why this is a step in the right direction. You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls" He claimed to us which caused me to scoff loudly, Tony snapping his eyes towards me.

"You've created a murder bot" I countered him with, causing him to shake his head at me. "We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" He asked me as I rolled my eyes at him, ready to argue back with him but Steve managing to talk before I could. "Well, you did something right, and you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD" Steve said to Tony as he walked around my chair, standing beside me with crossed arms and a stern face.

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" Tony asked us all, causing about 80% of us in the room to simultaneously roll our eyes at him. "No, it's never come up" Rhodey replied sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest as he shook his head. "Saved New York?" Tony insisted, clearly trying to prove a point as I straightened my back, the machine moving gradually down my shin. "Never heard that" Rhodey continued, shrugging his shoulders and furrowing his eyebrows.

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers" he started, not a single person talking as he took his place. in front of the table, leaning against it as he set his hands against it. "We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's the end game" he added as he pointed to the sky, causing me to bow my head, no one talking once again.

"How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony asked us as Steve let out a deep breath. "Together" Steve said as I looked up at him, Tony raising his eyebrows at him. "We'll lose" Tony said as he shook his head gently, all of our eyes bouncing between the two men during this interaction.

"Then we'll do that together, too"

——

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a few days! i've lost track of time with homework and everything but i'm back and I promise there will be updates over the next few days!