thirty-five.

When we had arrived in Sokovia I never expected this much destruction could occur to such a small and peaceful country squashed next to Russia, barely anyone remembering it existed

When we had arrived in Sokovia I never expected this much destruction could occur to such a small and peaceful country squashed next to Russia, barely anyone remembering it existed. Yet here we are, half of the town lifting up off of the floor thanks to the agenda of a murderous robot who was planning on killing everyone.

I took a step back as buildings fell of the edge behind me, the bricks breaking apart from the sheer force as they fell, the bridge completely snapping in half as we slowly raised from ground level. Half of the city flying in the air as rocks from the underside of it fell down, landing on the other half of the city below us. Steve was trying desperately to pull the cars which were about to fall off the end back onto the bridge, shouting at everyone to get as far back into the city as possible.

I heard a screen from behind me as I turned, seeing a woman get pushed down as people tried to flee away from my the edge, she screamed as she lost her footing as she fell off the side of the rock we were currently on. I ran over as quickly as possible, falling to the ground as I grabbed her hand as we were about 5 stories above the ground by now, and if she had fallen she definitely would have died. "I've got you" I shouted at her as I laid down, my armpit against the rock as she screamed, squirming about as I pulled her up, landing next to me harshly as she thanked me for saving her. "Go" I shouted as I helped her stand up, watching an old building collapse, falling onto the rest of the city which was still secured to the ground.

"Tony, what is going on?" I shouted as I picked up my staff which I had dropped earlier, robots still attacking people. One landed in front of me as I ducked as it tried to shoot me in the head, smacking it in the side with my staff which did absolutely nothing. I held my staff as I hit it in the abdomen with the end of my weapon, managing to get into a gap between the metal as I grabbed it with both hands, pulling it up as if split it straight into two. "The Vibranium core has got a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together" Tony's voice told me as I turned around, hoping over the hood of a car as I slid along it, moving towards Steve as I could the city below get further and further away.

"If it drops?" I asked him, ducking behind an abdomen car as a bot flew over head, shooting at random spots as the concrete cracked and flew everywhere. "From this height, it would kill a few thousands" Tony told us, his voice sounding defeated as I ran around the car, looking around to see who needed help at this moment in time. "And if it drops from higher?" I asked him, helping a lady up out of her car as she fell down before running away. "Global extinction" he said as I let out a breath, not giving me time to think as Steve was shouting for help from the edge of the bridge.

I ran over, jumping over cars as I made my way over to him, seeing him trying to hold a red car from tipping straight over the edge. I slid onto the ground, dropping my staff on the floor next to his shield as I held onto the bumper with him, but as soon as I grabbed it it ripped off, the car falling. I looked over the edge, Thor flying past the car as I pointed at it, the god changing his direction and flying down. I saw him catch her as I waved my arm at him, watch him throw her up. "Shit" I said as she looked as if she wasn't going to make it high enough. Before I even thought about doing something I slid straight of the edge, Steve grabbing onto my hand as he lay down, my other hand catching the lady as she screamed, staring at the death drop below her if either of us fell.

"It's okay, just look at me" I told her as she looked up, her eyes holding nothing but terror as I looked up at Steve who was straining as he pulled us both up with a heave and a groan. I landed on the concrete as the lady still hung over the edge, her nails gripping into my skin as I pulled her up, the lady collapsing onto the ground as she screamed once more, Steve helping her up to her feet as she ran away as well as she could, stumbling between cars to get to safety.

"Do you see? The beauty of it, the inevitability. You rise, only to fall" Ultron's deep voice said I saw a bunch of robots hovering in the air, relaying the voice through speakers they had in them. "You, Avengers, you are my meteor, my swift and terrible sword and the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me. It means nothing" the voice said as I looked up at a robot above me, no mayhem occurring as they told us the message, the city calm with an eerie atmosphere hanging over it.

"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal"

——

A/N: dun dun dun
Once again Ally is fighting robots and trust me it is not easy to write someone fighting robots I have no clue how you'd kill one
this chapter is a bit shorter than what the ones before it have been but oh well I had no idea what to write
please vote and comment and i'll see you soon

A/N: dun dun dun Once again Ally is fighting robots and trust me it is not easy to write someone fighting robots I have no clue how you'd kill onethis chapter is a bit shorter than what the ones before it have been but oh well I had no idea what t...