twenty-five.

We all sat around the dining room table as we watched Fury sit down at the end of the table with a sand which in front of him, holding the plate in his hand as he simply stared at it

We all sat around the dining room table as we watched Fury sit down at the end of the table with a sand which in front of him, holding the plate in his hand as he simply stared at it. Bruce, Tony and Clint all stared in amazement at the man, all three of them thinking that Fury was dead until he walked in through the back door.

"And exactly how are you alive?" Tony asked Fury, sitting across from me as Fury looked up at him, finally picking up his sandwich and taking a bite of it. "They same you are" he replied as he put his sandwich back down, setting his hands on his stomach as he leaned back in his chair. "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time, my contacts all say he's building something" Fury told us all as I nodded my head in agreement, Steve moving on his feet behind me, the floorboards creaking underneath him.

"The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing" I added as Fury made eye contact with me, looking away as quickly as he looked. "What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked as  everyone turned to look at him, which I didn't, looking down at my hands which were on the table, running one of my fingers over my nails. "He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit" Fury replied to him, Steve sighing and setting his hands on the back of my chair.

"Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though" Bruce mumbled under his breath, Fury not even looking over at him as he often did. "He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked as Fury nodded his head at him. "He's not making any headway" Fury told him as he picked up his sandwich again, taking another bite out of it and just holding it in his hand as he stared down at it. "I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare" Tony said, not entirely believing that Ultron was having difficulty.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that" Fury said as he took another bite, holding what was left of his sandwich in one hand. "NEXUS?" Steve asked from behind me, Bruce looking over at him. I kept forgetting that Steve still didn't know much about the modern worlds defence systems, which wasn't too good considering he was one of them. " It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth" Bruce relied to him as Steve nodded his head in thanks.

"So what'd they say?" Clint questioned, setting his chin on his hand as he leaned forward to see Fury last Nat and I's heads. "He's fixated on the missiles, but the codes are constantly being changed" Fury told him, Tony scoffing under his breath as he shook his head. "By whom?" he asked condescendingly, probably knowing how difficult it was to actually change a code. "Parties unknown" Fury shrugged, setting the small bit on his sandwich back onto his plate, propping his elbows on the table.

"You're telling us an unknown party is changing missile codes? Do we have an ally?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "No, Ultron has an enemy, it's not the same thing" Fury corrected me as I leaned back in my seat, my back setting against Steve's hands. "I might to visit Oslo, find out who it is" Tony said to us all as he leaned back in his chair, wiping his face with his hand.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that" Natasha remarked from opposite me, Fury shooting her a look which she didn't back down to. "I do, I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world" Fury started, sighing deeply. "Outwit platinum bastard" he added onto the end as I smirked at him.

"Steve doesn't like that kind of language" I remarked quickly, Steve hand pushing against my back. "You know what, Ivankova?" he says as I smirked, knowing he couldn't see me but could sense my smile and teasing manner. "So what does he want?" Fury asked us, needing to make us think even though he probably already knew the answer. "To become better, better than us anyway" Steve said as he straightened up, his hands leaving a spot of warmth on my back as I leaned forward.

"He keeps building bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it" Tony said as Natasha rolled her eyes at his comment. "When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed" she said as Bruce shook his head, pointing his finger into the table. "They don't need to be protected, they need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve" he told us as we all fell silent, his face dropping in a moment of realisation.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?"

——

A/N: Hello Hello hello, the next few parts might be a bit average, especially because they are based off of a fight, action scene in the movie, which I suck at writing, but they will be up in the next few days
Please vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: Hello Hello hello, the next few parts might be a bit average, especially because they are based off of a fight, action scene in the movie, which I suck at writing, but they will be up in the next few days Please vote and comment and I will se...