Chapter 13: A Walk Wouldn't Hurt If I Were You

Paris,Genevieve and Miriam had subsequently confirmed their new way in tracks of discussions whenever a problem pops up in between their backs,and that it is easy for them to round up in a circle and talk about it,before digging way more further to find a better solution.

But Paris would be even more satisfied if Harriett was with them,but from her kind of perspective,she knew that the Osborne girl will have her heart bend down whenever an unknown random person pops up into her view. She'll get extremely uncomfortable,probably try to get away,or if Paris was behind her,she would hide behind the older girl's back,scared and too clingy like a little kid.

Paris knows somehow that if she'll introduce her best friend to her two other friends,Harriett can get used to few other new people. She is not like the other rich girls who likes to befriend other high-class ones,not because she was unfriendly and likes to be selfish-alone,but because of the telekinesis powers she was genetically born with. She doesn't want to hurt others,but they can not understand that. They will ponder about that rich girl who always wanted everyone to make way for her.

Paris was a whole-lot different person though. Even if she was a minor student,middle-class and all that,it's like she was a popular kid while Harriett is like a normal girl being bullied without anyone to stand up for her. Her mother expects her to get fame from everybody who knows Osborne Future Tech,but no. Paris gets hers by just showing her demon form and that's it. The whole school was easily swooned over her.

Like usual,being the boring type of girl she was,the dark brunette was always seen wandering around the minor dormitory building,hoping to find someone she can hang out with,maybe adding another new friend into her spectacular friendship list. But all she saw was just herself, alone in the middle of the hallway,looking at the janitor cleaning up the floor,not noticing the girl there.

This doesn't help distinguish her boredom at all. Miriam was attending the night remedial classes,only of simple subjects,and she had no idea where Genevieve gone to. It would be cool if she can help Mrs Fuentes with a few things,but she is not in the mood for that as it will make her look like a generous dork. Get it?

Just then,an idea popped into Paris's mind.

She would take an attempt again to go to the major dormitory section in the school,then it'll be easy peasy for her to come into Harriett's dorm and keep her company... maybe only for a few minutes...?

Paris was already thinking about that when she entered the school and went directly towards the rich-kids dorm section,having to step in through the intercom and was met with that light blonde haired female security guard again, found sitting behind the reception desk. She looks up, this time with a less stern expression. It's like she already gained respect for Paris now,ever since that day when the girl intimidates her with that demon look.

"Visiting time are left 2 more hours before this section is going to close," the guard noted as Paris pass by her,waiting for the metal door to slide upward again. "I know,I know. Don't need to remind me," she responds,rather sarcastic and secretively mocking.

She now stands in the hallway,her dark chocolate eyes staring into each of the door of every dorm room the rich students stayed in. If only she had some vision sense to look through every door,that'll be cool.

Paris walks to the familiar direction,keeping her footsteps as quiet as possible to not attract their curiosity to see who's outside. Finding herself nearing Harriett's room door, Paris was about to press the digital bell,or intercom,whatever that is,to let her friend know that she's here to visit,to see how she was doing,when a voice startlingly interrupt her.

Paris shots her head to the back to glare at the person who interferes her business,but couldn't when she sees the familiar face and black hair.

"Hey. What you're doing here?" It was Fauniel,looking samingly serious. Paris was close to screaming her ass off on the ravennette's face,but there was no traces of evil points in her.

Fauniel glance at the door behind the dark brunette who is absolutely smiling for no actual reason- probably relief that no harm is going her way.

"Harriett is already asleep. You should not disturb her right now. But if it's something urgent,I'll wake her up." Paris side-eyed to her right as though trying to detect a troll, before eyeing the ravennette again.

"Oh,um...Sorry,I didn't know that. I thought that she was still awake by now,but...Never knew that she went to bed early."

"She has her own routine schedule. I helped her a few things about it."

Paris wiggle her index finger up and down with a sarcastic smile,jabbing it jokingly towards the teenage bodyguard.

"I know. Osborne routine,that's what you call it."

Fauniel stares at the younger girl in front of her,up and down. "Is there a reason why you came here?"

"Ah,no..." Paris turn her head at the door and back at the other female again,her face telling that she had no idea why she's here. Or is there a reason why she's here at all?

"I just...want to check on how she's doing. Is she doing fine...?"

Fauniel nods carefully. "Yes,she's alright. Though I'm sure there is a problem she never want to tell me."

"Right," was the only response that came from the dark brunette,her nodding repeatedly with a bitten lower lip. "Hey,you got time? If you do,we can talk."

"Sorry,I've got things to do tonight. It's regarding Harriett. She wants me to help her keep track on the news of Osborne Future Tech,since she was busy studying always at the moment."

Paris was dumb-struck. Why does Harriett wanted to look out for the news of her family company? Why does her friend look like she's ready to take over control as the new CEO at any minute? All she knows is that the relationship between her and her mother is nothing. She knew Harriett is still too young to sit in a private office in a company building with the magnificent skyline. How can she handle board meetings then?

"Oh,really? That doesn't sound cool enough," she murmur these words,bowing her head down looking at the floor. Fauniel was confused. "What?"

"Ah,nothing! I was just concerned about her,that's all." Paris tries her best to keep her answer neutral. Seeing her best friend as the heir to OFT,wow. It's just...

Paris knew there's going to be a lot of burden for Harriett next time.