hunger strike and lots of trust

I groan and roll my eyes for the third time.
Thornly had been pestering me about wanting to stop and get some food, but even Whiplash had told her to wait for a few more 'cycles', which I suppose were minutes to his kind. Not satisfied with his answer, she began pestering me.
"C'mon Rachel! I'm hungry! It feels like forever since I've eaten! can't we stop at a restaurant or a mini mart or something?" She moaned over my shoulder, leaning over my seat and the drivers seat. I calmly rub the side of my migraine endued head, trying to block out the pain for a moment to think.
"Okay whiplash, there's a minimart just over there. We'll just let her go in, get some food, and then we can leave again." I say gently, trying not to let the aggressive tone of my voice shine through. The engine rumbled madly, turning off roughly to the side to enter the parking lot. I could feel Thornly jumping up and down happily in the backseat, anticipating the food that she would get.
I stretch my back until I'm stiff against the passenger seat, pulling out my wallet out of my back pocket and fishing out a $20 bill, throwing it over my shoulder into her waiting hands. I sit up once again and throw a glare over my shoulder at her, she smiles back nervously.
"You have five minutes, little fawn, then I want you back out here, got it?" She nods in response.
I sit back straight again as I hear the back door click open and quickly shut. The side view mirror tilts to follow the eleven year old's image speed walk quickly into the store.
"I'm...sorry..." The radio bellowed softly, my eyes glancing down at the black dashboard. Tilting my head, I lean forward.
"For what, Whiplash?"
"For getting you into this mess Rachel. You could have a normal life, and your family and you wouldn't be in danger if you hadn't have met me..." Whiplash murmured softly.
I smile gently and place my hand on the dashboard, the engine revving loudly as I do so. I slowly shake my head, a reassuring smile on my face. "Where would be the fun in that? Don't blame yourself Whip, because it's not your fault, trouble like this would've found me eventually. Besides, I feel like I can really trust you, like nothing bad'll happen if I'm around you." I coo gently, letting my hand rest on the warm black plastic before sliding off again.
He seemed to be calmed by my answer, letting out a small laugh. I chuckle softly, reclining in the seat as Thornly returns with at least four bags in tow. I smirk and raise an eyebrow as I turn around to look at her. She simply smiled up at me, pulling out the many contents of the bag. There was a bag of doritos spicey cheddar, a bag of ruffles, a bag of spicey Cheetos, a can of pringles, a box of twinkies, a package of chips ahoy, a package of oreos, and two bottles of coke.
I chuckle and shake my head, grabbing the can of pringles and sitting straight again, beginning to chew on a couple of chips as we head on our way again.
"Mmmm, hey, where exactly are we going whiplash?" Thornly mumbles through a mouth full of food.
"We're going some place safe, for the moment, I have something to show you." He stated, turning off to a more deserted road, leading off to an older looking, abandoned warehouse. I sit up straight and tilt my head, placing the can in the drink holder and lean forward, gazing closer at the building.
"Why here Whip?" Thornly states the same question that played in my mind. The building looked old and mangled, the windows broken on the bottom floor, pieces of debris on the ground around it. "Don't worry." He calmly stated. "Everything will be explained. But I need you two to promise me something."
Oh sure, I can promise anything to an alien car that I just met whom has just saved my sister and possibly me from death. We burst through the large, garage style door, coming to a stop in the middle of a clearing.
"Anything, what is it?" I ask, shifting on my seat. He seemed hesitant to answer.
"I need you not to scream. now, hop out." Before I could ask anything, Thornly's door had already closed behind me, so I decided to follow. I rounded the black and red striped Camaro, stepping in front of him to stand beside Thornly.
"What's he doing?" Thornly asked, lightly tugging at my T-shirt sleeve, pointing at the hood and slowly backing away. I looked from the ground where my eyes had landed up to the hood. I gasped and backed away as well, holding my arm protectively over Thornly's chest.