Chapter 29: Kiddos

Cassandra's POV

"This ring is special to our family," James suddenly said. "It belonged to my mother."

I looked from him to the ring which suddenly held more meaning than I originally thought. 

"It was my wife's," Carl said, gaining my attention. "I bought it with everything I had, she loved it and wore it till her death."

I gulped. "I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be," He smiled a bit. "I'm very happy to see it on another amazing person's finger."

I smiled too then.

James wrapped his arm around me before kissing my cheek. It was a nice gesture, and I welcomed it.

"I'm so happy you stayed," He said. "Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it."

I nodded. "I thought about it and I realized that the only thing that matters is us," We both smiled as we thought about our previous conversation. "So I came back, for us."

"I'm happy you did," He pecked my lips then. "I would miss you too much during the night."

"I'd miss you too."

"Do you two already sleep together?"

James and I looked at Carl and, suddenly, I became red. "She's going to be my wife, dad," James answered. "She sleeps with me."

This got so awkward. "Is there more cake?"

Carl got up and served me another piece of cake before looking at us again. "Have you already been intimate?"

Oh God... "This is a nice cake, Carl." I tried.

"Dad..." James rolled his eyes.

"You have?" He then looked at me. "Little kiddos are on the way then?"

I choked on the cake. James helped me clear my breathing. I got up then. "We're going to head off," I pulled James up. "Thank you for the very nice meal, it was lovely."

James and I greeted Carl and Chandler before heading off.

"Hey," James said as we walked to his room. "Are you ok?"

"That was so embarrassing," We entered his room. I walked to the bed. "How dare he ask about our intimacy?"

James shrugged as he was pulling the closet in front of the door. "In our culture, we're very open about basically anything."

"That was too much for me," I got undressed, just like him, before laying in bed. "I was surprised he didn't ask us how many times we made love." I went to lay on his chest while I wrapped my arms and legs around him.

James smiled a bit before looking serious all over again.

"Hey," I sat up a bit to caress his cheek. "What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?"

He looked at me. "No, it's not that."

"Then what's wrong?"

He sighed. "What dad said..." He looked at me then. "About kids..."

I gulped before laying down again, I feared this talk. I had hoped we could delay this talk some more.

He sat up to look at me, giving me no choice to delay it any more. "Cassandra?"

I looked at him.

"We have had many intercourses," He paused, it seemed as if he was getting red while he said it. "It doesn't seem impossible for you to be pregnant."