Griselda's Ghost

(After 'The Best Day')~

Asuna's POV~

     I was looking for (y/n) and Kirito when I found them on a hill. Kirito's nose was bleeding and (y/n) was laughing, both of their faces red. 'What happened here...?' I wondered as I walked up to them. "Why are you two laughing with each other instead of fighting to escape this death game?" I glared at them, hands on my hips. "Just lay down and see for yourself~!" (y/n) giggled. I huffed but did as they said and layed down on soft grass.

      When my eyes opened, I saw (y/n) and Kirito sitting together on the short, stone wall. They were both smiling at me. "You slept like a rock." Kirito said. "Yeah, a drooling rock!" (y/n) added and they both chuckled. I became furious and reached for my sword.

Your POV~

       As Asuna gripped the hilt of her sword, I instantly pushed Kirito down. I landed on top of him. "S-sorry!" I said, my face growing hot. "(Y/n), has anyone ever told you that you have beautiful eyes?" He asked, smiling. "N-no..." "Well, you do." "T-t-thanks!" I said,quickly getting to my feet and helping Kirito up.

        "One meal!" Asuna said. We looked at her confused. "I'll buy you both one meal for looking after me." Kirito and I grinned at each other.

         The restraunt filled with whispers as we sat down at a table. "That's 'Asuna the Flash'! But, who are those two sitting with her? Are those two a couple?" I heard people whisper. I started to blush. "Is something wrong (y/n)?" Kirito asked me. "N-no...i'm okay..." I told him.

          "Ahhhhhhhhhh!!" I looked at Kirito who seemed to hear the scream too. We ran out of the restraunt.

            We looked up to see a guy in armor hanging out of the window of a stone building. As we watched, he bursted into blue shards. The sword that had been impaled in him fell to the ground. "Look for a duel winner notifcation!!" Kirito yelled across the crowd, but there wasn't one in sight. After the three of us talked, Yolko (The blue haired girl) came up to us and told us the story.

            After having the conversation with Kains and Yolko falling out of the window, dagger in back, I thought, 'Wow, Yolko's a great actor!' as we sat down on a bench and Asuna gave us each a sandwich that she had made. "(Y/n)'s sandwiches are better..." Kirito muttered after taking the first bite, I couldn't help but giggle. I handed him one of mine out of my inventory and a huge smile spread across his face as he opened his mouth to take a bite. Before he could, Asuna slapped him the back of his head. The sandwich fell to the ground and shattered into polygonal shards. Kirito wimpered and fell to the ground on his hands and knees. "...Are you crying?" I asked him. "That's it!" Kirito said and explained what he had discovered. 'Finally...' I thought.

              Kirito and I raced through the forest on horse-back. When we made it to Griselda's grave, he fell off of his horse and onto the ground. I laughed as I set the horses back and helped Kirito up off the ground. Asuna came out of the forest with Grimlock and told us why he had killed his wife. "Your wrong." I yelled at him and Yolko and Kains took him and walked away.

             "If you found out that the person you loved has a whole new side you didn't know about, what would you think?" Asuna asked us. "Well, I guess I would think it's a good thing..." Kirito said. Asuna looked at us confused. "It would give you something more to love about that person..." I explained, finishing Kirito's thought. Asuna nodded, turned around and started to head out of the forest. As she left, Kirito was about to leave too, when I grabbed his wrist and he looked back at me. I pointed over to grave wide-eyed. Kirito followed my gaze and he stared in awe.

             Griselda's ghost was smiling at us, hand leaning on the tree. A light shined through the leaves and breeze blew by. She faintly glowed and disappeared. We looked at each other and smiled as rays of light shined through the branches of the twisted tree. Kirito and I turned, walking hand-in-hand, back to town.