The Gleam Eyes

Your POV~

        "When is she going to get here...?"  I muttered. Kirito and I were waiting for Asuna, we were going to explore a new dungeon. I heard Kirito chuckle and then he turned to face me. "I hope she didn't ditch us." Just then, I heard someone scream, "WATCH OUT!!" I fell to the ground. "Owww..." I said. I heard Asuna laughing hysterically and opened my eyes. Kirito had fallen on top of me. His face was crimson red as he looked at me. 'Hmmmm...?' I thought. He looked down and I followed his gaze. Kirito's hand was on my...chest!? My face grew hotter and hotter. "P-P-PERVERT!!" I screamed and slapped him. The system had activated a martial arts skill and he tumbled across the ground, slamming into a giant pillar. A purple message popped up: Immortal Object, a second later it vanished. Kirito rubbed his head then told me, "(Y-Y-Y/n), I s-swear I didn't mean to-" he stuttered, blushing, while repeatedly squeezing his hands into fists and unclenching. "K-K-K-Kirito!! S-STOP DOING THAT!!" I yelled at him, arms across my chest. 'THAT WAS SUSPOSED TO HAPPEN TO ASUNA!! I'm surprised he didn't get a nosebleed though...' I thought. There was another flash of blue light and Kuradeel appeared.

          Kirito and Kuradeel had started the dual. Kirito sliced Kuradeel's bejeweled sword in half within the first five seconds, then the dual was over. Kirito had won. Asuna sent him away and started walking. I grabbed Kirito's hand and dragged him behind me as I followed behind her.

          When we arrived at the dungeon on floor 74, Kamdet, we wandered around until we came across a huge door. "The boss room..." I said. "We should probably see what we're up against," Kirito told us. "I mean, bosses can't exit their rooms, so if we just look then we can exit quickly without getting damaged. Get out a teleport crystal though..." We did as he said. "K-Kirito..." I said, hugging his arm. He blushed then... 'Oh, there's the nosebleed...'

            He pushed open the dark doors and blue flames appeared around the cylindrical room. The boss then came into sight. It was blue-skinned with a goat head, a human midsection, and furry legs. It had a snake tail and fires replaced it's eyes. 'The Gleam Eyes...' I thought as it readied it's sword and charged towards us. Kirito picked me up, bridal style, and ran full speed out of the door. We ran past groups of monsters and finally reached a safe room where we all slumped to the ground. "Phfffffft!" We all burst into laughter. "That was as fast as I've ever ran, but that was nothing compared to you, Kirito!!" Asuna giggled. I was still sitting on his lap as I looked at his embarrassed face and couldn't help but giggled too. "Ohh, Kirito~!" I laughed as I wrapped my arms around him.

         We traveled around somemore, until we took a break and Asuna handed us both a sandwich that she had made. Kirito turned to me with pleading eyes and I opened up my menu and got out some sandwiches that I had made. He grinned as I took Asuna's away from him and replaced it with one of mine when she wasn't looking. I tossed over her sandwiches but just as they were going to disappear on the ground, a hand reached out and grabbed them.

         "K-Klein?! (F/n)?!" I whisper-shouted as the red-haired samurai and my best friend smiled at me. 'Who's sandwiches are these?' (F/n) mouthed towards me. I pointed to Asuna's back and  (f/n) slapped Klein's hand, sending them to the ground and bursting into shards. I handed them one of mine and giggled. Asuna finally turned around and smiled at them. That's when we heard pounding footsteps and the 'Army' appeared. Kirito and I gave them the map data and they marched off. "Come on, Kirito!" I said as I gripped his hand, helping him up.

           When we had made it back to the boss room, the army's leader had already shattered into polygonal shards. The soldiers were panicing but were too tired  run. They couldn't use teleport crystals. I turned to Kirito and he nodded. We both equipped our swords that Lisbeth had given us and walked up to Gleam Eyes.

         Kirito and I sliced and sliced, colors filled the room as we activated our sword skills, one combo after the other. Our four blades cut into The Gleam Eyes, his health depleting, pixel by pixel. Though our health was also fading, both of ours were in the red. Finally we hit him with a final strike. Our 'life' was one tiny red pixel at the edge of our health bar. I looked at Kirito, smiled, then my vision went black.

Kirito's POV~

        "(Y-Y/N)!..." I called, catching her in my arms, but my vision too, became dark and I slumped to the ground holding her.

        "(Y/N)!! KIRITO!!" Someone yelled. My eyes opened and I saw (f/n), Klein, and Asuna shouting our names. Tears were trailing down all of their cheeks. I looked down at (y/n) who was laying in my arms. "...(y/n)...(Y/N)...!" Her eyes hadn't opened yet. I hugged her close to my chest, tears streaming down my own face. "K-Kirito...Your going to kill me if you squeeze to hard..." she muttered. I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back. "(Y/n)..." I said, then pressed her lips onto mine.

         "H-Hey guys..." Klein said. "What was that?!" We looked at him and everyone started nodding. "Do we have to tell you?" We asked in sync. "YES!" They shouted in union. So we told them how one day, a new skill appeared in our menu called 'Dual Blades'. No one else seemed to have it, so we hid it and never used it unless we were in serious danger. "So that's why you never had a shield." Asuna muttered. "And that's why I never saw you two using Lisbeth's swords..." (f/n) said. (Y/n) and I nodded. Then, hand in hand, we ran up the stairs together to activate the next floor. We laughed as questions filled the boss room behind us.