Forever By My Side

(F/n)'s POV~

        Kirito and I arrived at the World Tree. When we landed in the town, Yui told us 'mama' was very close. Leafa appeared moments later as we heading to World Tree. We explained (y/n)'s situation to her. When we finished, she simply nodded as we headed to the trunk of the enormous, beautiful tree.

         As we walked up the mable steps, two guards crossed their spears infront of us. A quest window popped up infront of me and I instantly pressed 'accept'. All three of us entered the large, cylindrcal room. Dark slits covered the walls of the room, like doors. I pointed at the doors-like spaces and told Kirito that the soldiers spawned from there. He nodded and thought as I heard a faint meow. Iku had been in Kirito's pocket the whole time, though he didn't even know. Iku flew towards me and meowed again. "Iku-chan, can you block the doors?" I asked. He meowed once more and flew over to the wall. After he splatted onto the wall, Iku grew and soon covered the doors with his 'body'. "Best. Pet. Ever." I muttered. "Did you know he could do that?!" I questioned as I turned towards Kirito. He shook his head and grinned as he flew into the air. Leafa and I followed him.

        A few moments after we entered, the doors opened but the soldiers were stopped by Iku. We were half-way through, when Iku shrunk back into his regular size and panted as he collapsed on my shoulder. I rubbed his head and whispered, "Good job. Thank you." A soldier came charging at Kirito but he blocked the sword with his, not even hesitating to bring his sword through its head. I grinned as we all fought soldiers, one after the other.

       "There's to many!" I shouted as I cut down a soldier. Kirito wasn't going to give up though, we were so close to the top. So very close... Leafa was chanting healing spells but the soldiers from below kept shooting her with arrows and interupted her magic. Our health was slowly depleting, it was changing from yellow to red now. We were about to be surrounded until I heard a dragon-like screech. The Cait Sith and Sylph leader were riding on dragon mobs and slicing enemies. They had many others behind them, an army in fact. I thanked them, grinning, and Kirito and I flew towards the top.

        We were almost killed just as our finger tips were about to touch the roof. Kirito shouted as he cut down soldiers, one after the other. "It won't open!!" I yelled. Yui flew up to touch the top. "She's right. It was never meant to open." Kirito laughed bitterly as he stuck his sword in the ceiling. It suck half way and Yui touched the roof. It started to rumble and open.

        As it opened, Kirito, Yui, and I flew through and it closed tight behind us. Yui transformed into her human form and started running forward, across the branches. "Papa! Come on, Mama's this way!" she called and we ran after her. After running for a while, we spotted the cage and Kirito sprinted faster. When we made it up to the cage, we saw (y/n) looking down, tears streaming down her face.

Kirito's POV~

       "...(Y/n)..." I called. She looked up at me and came closer to the door. (Y/n) entered the code and sat back down as the door opened. After walking in, (f/n) hugged her. I smiled as I saw her again, tears welling up in my eyes. "(Y/n)..." I whispered as I kissed her. But...something was wrong. She jerked back just as our lips met and looked up at me, confused and angery. "Why did you do that...?" she questioned, blush faintly on her cheeks. "Because I love you." I told her. She then looked at me with pure confusion. "Why would you love me? I don't even know you." (y/n) said.

      There was an unbearable pain in my chest. "You know me...I'm Kirito..." I told her in a small voice. She thought for a while then shook her head. "It sounds familiar...but I've never seen you in my life." (y/n) said. "T-They already did it...?" (f/n) asked. (F/n) turned to face me. "They've changed her memories of SAO...of you..."