Chapter 5 Aslan

Third pov

The water was so cold, so incredibly cold. Amelia could only hold on and hope for the best in the water. Then suddenly, an arm.

She grabbed it and held on until the water calmed down.

"Thank you, Amelia." Lucy had lost her coat but she was smiling anyways as the two got onto land. Amelia noticed that she didn't have her coat either.

"Lucy!"
"Amelia!"

They heard Peter and Susan shouting their names as they came walking.

"Has anyone seen my coat?" Lucy asked, her whole body shivering in the cold.

Amelia felt bad for her, and cursed herself for not wearing pants. They would've been so much better than her dress.

"Don't you worry, dear. Your brother's got you well looked after." Mr Beaver smiled.

"And i don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs Beaver added.

Amelia smiled as she saw the blooming tree further into the woods.

Time skip

By the time they reached Aslan's camp their clothes had dried and Amelia had had the time to check on the egg. Thankfully she hadn't dropped her bag and the egg was fine, even if it almost burned when she touched it.

There was not a single human in the camp when they entered and everyone was staring as the six of them walked in.

Susan was a little nervous with all the stares they recieved. "Why are they all staring at us?"

"Maybe they think you look funny." Lucy giggled.

They stopped at the tent that looked like it would belong to Aslan.

Peter and Amelia drew their swords and held them in front of them. "We have come to see Aslan."

The centaur looked at them for a moment before turning his head to the opening of the tent.

Amelia sheated her sword as a magnificent lion emerged. Behind them everyone bowed and they did the same.

The lion was very easy to read for Amelia, despite the fact that it shouldn't be possible.

"Welcome Peter, son of Adam. Welcome,  Amelia, Susan and Lucy, daughters of Eve. And to you Beavers, you have my thanks." He looked them over. "But where is the fifth?"

The siblings shared a sad look and Peter spoke. "That's why we're here, sir. We need your help."

"We had a little trouble along the way." Susan added. "Our brother has been captured by the White Witch."

"Captured? How could this happen?" Aslan asked them.

None of the four wanted to answer.

"He, betrayed them Your Majesty." Mr Beaver finally admitted.

The crowd behind them murmured and the centuar beside Aslan angrily said. "Then he has betrayed us all!"

"Peace, Oreius. I'm sure there is an explanation."

Peter sighed. "It's my fault, really. I was too hard on him."

Susan put a hand on her brothers shoulder. "We all were."

Lucy looked so sad. Amelia put a hand on her shoulder. "He's our brother, sir."

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse. This might be harder than you think."

Time skip

The four of them had been given clothes to change into and Amelia was quick to ask for pants. They were a lot easier to move around in than her dress and she was happy for that. She was also given a white tunic with a sun embroidered on it. She kept her sword on her and her bag with her as she hesitantly looked around the camp.