Chapter 15 Miraz

Third pov

Amelia was waiting for Miraz to come after them. It's what they always do and she has seen enough of this man to know that he will as well.

She could remember every battle she's ever been in. And the number is high.

She knew that their time ruling were called "the golden age of Narnia." but it was far from golden all the time. Peace had a price.

There will always be someone wanting to disrupt it.

Destroy it.

And that was what she and Peter had always looked out for on the battlefield.

Not to underestimate Edmund. He was always there but he had a tendency to become one with the shadows.

Susan had her closest confidante's in the sirens in the water surrounding the castle.

Lucy, well she had the trees and the animals telling her everything.

Now, over a thousand years after, she can see why the witch had feared them so much. They hadn't exactly gone easy on their enemies after her.

Especially not with Edmund's eyes on the castle and ears everywhere.

Peter with his eyes and ears on the battlefield and voice keeping some of the most stubborn diplomatic envoys at bay. (The rest he left to Edmund)

Susan with eyes and ears in the water, and a constant arrow in her hand.

Lucy with the trees following her orders, whispering the words of Narnia in her ear.

And Amelia with her eyes in the sky and her black beast Eclipse eying the border.

No. They hadn't gone easy as they kept the borders and the land safe.

And they would not start now.

Amelia had her armor on and sword at her hip as she waited to see Miraz troups.

Caspian had joined her and soon Edmund did as well.

As soon as Amelia spotted them approaching she spoke. "Edmund. Get your siblings."

Edmund nodded. Amelia wasn't in the mood to have anyone argue with her and it showed. He just hoped Peter would realize it as well.

When Peter came Amelia was staring at the man she knows is Miraz with cold eyes. "They're here."

Time skip.

"Cakes and kettledrums. That's your next big plan?" Trumpkin didn't sound happy. "Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"

"It's our only chance. Besides, she won't be alone. Susan is going with her." Amelia answered.

Trumpkin looked at Lucy. "Haven't enough of us died already?"

"Nikabrik was my friend too, but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't, and neither have i." Badger said.

"Then I'm going with you."

Lucy shook her head. "No. We need you here."

"We need to hold them off until Lucy and Susan gets back." Peter has fallen back into military mode as he says it.

"If i may.."

The attention turns to Caspian as he speaks.

"Miraz may be a tyrant and a murderer, but as king he is subjected to the traditions and expectations of his people." He met Peters and Amelia's eyes. "There is one in particual that might buy us some time."