Chapter 10 Queen Amelia

Third pov

Getting to the place where the troups had started forming took time and Amelia felt her mood drop the more she saw of what Narnia had become.

This was the very reason that they had refused the Telmarines over a thousand years earlier. They had no respect for Narnia or its people. And Amelia hated it. She'd hated anyone with that attitude and made it known.

And there it is. The crushing guilt over having left. Though it hadn't been their fault. How were they supposed to know?

"Were soon there, My Que-"

Foxley was interupted by Amelia's sword meeting someone else's.

The two danced around in an elegant dance, attacking and blocking like it was the only thing they'd ever done.

It was quickly over though as Amelia hit his sword out of his hand, her blade resting just against his neck. Now that she had time to slow down she realized that there's a lot of others looking at them, including the other teen.

"My name is Caspian, are you one of the Queen's of old." He asked carefully, mindful of the sword she was still pointing at him.

Amelia took a step back and sheated her sword. This is Caspian? "I am. My name's Amelia." She answered as she scrutinized him. "You're a Telmarine."

Caspian had not expected to lose a sword fight against someone. Definitely not a beautiful young woman. Admittedly he should have checked who it was first, and when he finally saw her. He wasn't sure what to say as green eyes glared at him. There wasn't much heat in the glare but he didn't doubt that she would pierce him if he made a wrong move. Her confused face once she realized he's a Telmarine was actually quite cute.

"Yes. I'm the rightful heir to the Telmarine throne."

Amelia was surprised as a musketeer looking mouse bowed before her. "Queen Amelia, my name is Reepicheep. It is an honor to meet you, but this conversation might be better held at our camp."

Amelia nodded. "All right. Show the way Reepicheep."

She gave Caspian one last suspicious look before she was approached by the Narnians expressing their happiness to see one of the Queen's of old.

Caspian could safely say as he walked to catch up with her that this was not how he imagined a meeting like this would go.

Time skip

Amelia kept her eyes on the Telmarine prince beside her. Just because the remaining amount of her people trusted him didn't mean she did.

The camp looked more like a fort and when they came closer she could see the hope in the eyes of the people that saw her. Just like last time they're up against an enemy that has the advantage.

"Is this Queen Amelia? The Guardian?" One of the dwarves looked at her in disbelief. "First a Telmarine prince and now a child queen?"

The badger closest to him glared at him. "Don't act like that Nikabrik. We need all help we can get and Queen Amelia is known as a great warrior."

Amelia wasn't really surprised by Nikabriks reaction. They had left Narnia as adults. She shook her head. "It doesn't matter if you think I'm a child. I'm here because you need help, not to listen to other people's opinions about me."

She turned to Caspian. "I'm assuming you are currently in charge, would you mind catching me up on everything so i know what we're dealing with?"

Caspian nodded. "Follow me."

He led her inside the fortress they'd managed to build and Amelia had to admit their job was amazing considering what they had against them.

She chuckled. "This is well done. Like something we would have done during our first years."

Caspian was curious and asked. "We?"

"I ruled together with the Pevensie's for about ten years. We had to defend Narnia and go to war a few times, and honestly, doing everything right wasn't easy the first few times." She said, eyes wandering around wondering what it was about the place that felt so... Familiar.

The young prince caught on. "Do you know what this place is?" When she shook her head he motioned for her to follow.

He led her through a tunnel with walls painted on, the whole story of their stay at Narnia last time Amelia realized. She felt mixed emotions to see it displayed so clearly when it was something she had tried so hard not to think about. Not to miss.

Caspian noted the melancholy in her eyes and decided that it was a look that didn't suit her. Which was why when they reached the last room and he lit the water that went through the room, he stayed back to let her look.

Amelia was stunned as the carvings and the stone table was lit in front of her. "The stone table." Her voice was quiet as her hand touched the broken stone. "Do you know the story, of why it broke?"

Caspian nodded. "A little. Though my teacher told me that it is impossible to say for certain what happened."

"Aslan died for us to have a chance. Of course he came back later, but still. Knowing someone is willing to die gor you is a big thing." She sighed and sat on the broken steps. "You said you have an army of how many?"

Caspian was all too happy to go through everything with her. Rather that then see the tired aged look in her eyes.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)