Chapter 21 Confessions

(I just want to say that since a sea voyage takes time i will be taking a few liberties with changing some aspects of the story. Like eventual islands and what happens)

Third pov

Amelia was happy to eat breakfast. It would've been at least twenty four hours before she'd had anything to eat and the toast and apple tasted heavenly.

Afterwards she polished her sword, checked the dagger she'd been given for any damage, looked through her new set of clothes and decided that it's high time someone teach Eustace a lesson.

The boy was really getting on her nerves and needed to learn some humility. And she found the perfect chance to do so thanks to Reepicheep.

She knew the mouse wanted to teach the boy a little lesson too. And when he took an orange the mouse had decided to strike.

It was fun to watch and Amelia laughed along with the others. She stood not far from where Edmund had sat most of the day and could see just fine. So when Eustace managed to tip over a basket she was one of the first to see the little girl fall out.

Lucy stepped closer, as did the other crew members. "Look."

The man that they allowed to come with, the girl's father, took a few steps forward too. "Gael. What are you doing here?" He hugged his daughter.

Drinian came over. The father seemed to hold his breath until he spoke. "It seems we have another crew member." He held out the orange Eustace had taken earlier to her.

The little girl took it.

Amelia shared a quiet conversation with Lucy. "Can you take care of this?"

Lucy smiled. Amelia was someone kids usually were shy of and she knew the older girl didn't want to scare her.

Lucy gave the young girl a smile. "Welcome aboard."

Amelia could see that the father was obviously happy that no one was mad at his daughter.

Gael made a small courtesy. "Your Majesty."

"Call me Lucy. Come on." She led her to the cabin and Amelia decided to look for Caspian.

She found him looking through one of the windows below deck.

He smiled when he saw her and moved so she could sit down if she wanted. They managed to find o comfy way to sit with her between his legs, back against his chest and arms around her. "I heard commotion upstairs."

Amelia nodded. "Mr Rhince's daughter snuck aboard. We found her hiding in basket."

Caspian hummed, his cheek resting against the top of her head. "Where is she now?"

"Lucy took her to the cabin. I figured that it's better if i take a hammock with the rest of you, let Lucy and Gael sleep in the cabin." She closed her eyes, the warmth of Caspian surrounding her and making her a little drowsy.

Caspian smiled softly. "I'll make sure there is one for you."

For a bit they sat in silence until Caspian asked. "What happened before you came back here?" He felt her let out a soft sigh.

"My mother died. I had to move to my uncle since no one else wamted to take me in." She let out a quiet mumble, though Caspian heard it still. "Aslan told me i would come back. And back then i wanted noting more than for that to be true."

"If you asked, do you think he would let you stay here. With me?" Caspian asked. He could never deny his love for the woman in his arms, and the thought of her being alone didn't sit right with him.

"Remember when Aslan talked to me last time we were here? When we took back the throne from your uncle?"

He nodded.

Flashback

"You would allow me to stay?"

Aslan nodded. "Yes. But every choice has its time. Yours will come again."

End flashback

Amelia felt a tear slip down her cheek as she thought of her mother. "Ever since the first time we went to Narnia and came back, i felt out of place. Then, the second time, i met you."

Caspian was quiet as she talked. He felt her hand slip into one of his and squeezed it lightly to show support.

"It took time before i realized that I'd fallen head first for you. I guess that's why it hurt so much to leave, and when mom died the only thing i had to hold on to was you."

Caspian hugged her tight. He could understand Amelia. He'd heard the stories before he met her and they all describe her as a woman that does what she feels is what she needs to do. And he can respect that. He can respect that she wanted to be with her mother, he just wished she wouldn't have had to experience the grief of loosing both parents like he had.

"Be my queen." The words slip out before he can stop them, but they're true. He can't see himself with someone else. "Marry me."

Amelia presses a kiss to the back of hus hand. "Yes."

Caspian can't help his smile as he presses a kiss to her neck. "I love you. I since the day i met you."

Amelia turned her head to peck him on the lips but instead it became a proper kiss. "I love you too."

They sat there for a few more hours, trusting everyone to keep the boat afloat.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)