Chapter 28 Threats of Mutiny

Third pov

Amelia might've been weak from the fever and spending days in bed rest, but even she could see the look in the mens eyes. A look that didn't get better even when the storm stopped and it still took time to find an island.

She still had the pulling feeling in the back of her head and a small inkling that they would reach a destination soon.

If it's the island she thinks it is then it's only a step better than no island, because Dragon Island is volcanic and there doesn't grow much. Sure, she knew a few places you could find food but she never really explored it much after finding the abandoned hoard of dragon tresure. In fact, after finding that she was eager to leave. She had been eighteen and the only dragon she really felt like she could be able to handle was her own.

Besides, if you were to go by the dairy of the guy before her, the one Coriakin had given her, no one knew how a dragon would react to humans they hadn't met.

While she didn't doubt Eclipse would protect her, she knew that he was still young and the risk to be roasted alive was too great.

She remembers telling Susan about the island. Knowing that it was a safer bet than telling Peter.

He had never been a hundred percent fine with her trips past The Lone Islands. So when she dropped him of there she continued on her own.

Now though she doubted there would be any continuing unless they could avoid mutiny, she thought bitterly as she gazed out of the window under deck.

She was still weak and the fever wouldn't let up fully, much to her annoyance. But still, she held on to the hope that she would find Eclipse on Dragon Island. Even if she knew the others doubted they would see any island at all.

Amelia was pretty sure Drinian doubted its existence.

He just refused to say it out loud but Caspian didn't have any hope either.

When Amelia came up on deck everyone had their heads turned towards Caspian, Drinian and Edmund. Though they did briefly look at her, some longer than others as she slowly moved towards the others.

"Your Majesties, what some of us has been wanting to ask for some time now is how are we going to get home. We'd like to know what chance we have of seeing Narnia again." one of the crewmen spoke.

Amelia could see Caspian look back towards Edmund and Drinian as he tried to formulate the answer that would agitate them the least. In the end he stepped down the stairs as he answered. "Gentlemen, i understand how you feel. But our mission is to continue east."

A lot of unhappy answers sounded.
"No."
"How much longer."
"We wanna go home. Turn us back."

"What's the matter with you all? It's just your fear talking." Mr Rhince said.

A chorus of "Turn us back could be heard!" could be heard.

Drinian now took the steps down, eyes hard as he looked over the crew. "Are you threatning mutiny?"

Most men covered as they denied that.

Amelia had gotten her eyes on something in the distance and decided to speak up. "Since you have decided not to threaten mutiny, why don't we do the logical thing and turn the boat to the island over there?" Her finger pointed in the direction of the island.

Edmunds eyes widened. He could never understand how she could see the islands they pass before the lookout could.

Caspian relaxed a bit knowing that this would help a lot to avoid the crew turning on them.

Drinian put everyone to work while giving Amelia and appreciative nod. "Not a second too soon."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)