Chapter 32 The blue star

Third pov

Caspian carried her back to the others.

When Edmund and Lucy was about to get up he shook his head, instead placing Amelia on one of the pieces of fabric they'd put on the ground to sleep on.

"What happened?" Lucy asked once Caspian sat down.

"She was right." Caspian sighed. "Her dragon was here."

The siblings shared a wide eyed look.

"But i think the two have done what they needed to." Caspian added quietly, smiling a small sad smile as he saw his love grip the eggs closer. "Even though it hurt..."

Lucy frowned. "She'll make it." She has to.

Edmund nodded. "She will." She always does.

Time skip

During the night the eggs become warmer and warmer in Amelia's arms and Caspian was very surprised when he laid down to sleep and saw two scaly, big eyed baby dragons looking at him.

Sure, they settled quick but he was still a bit weary as he laid down.

But... the calm feeling Amelia displayed made it worth it.

Time skip

Amelia woke up a little before Gael, eyes widening with delight at the two warm fire breathing animals in her arms.

They climbed up onto her shoulders, tiny claws holding onto her arms as they settled down.

It made a tiny warm feeling blossom in her chest, one she'd last felt as she soared through the skies with Eclipse.

"Everybody! Everybody wake up! It's the Blue Star!"

Amelia looked to where Lucy was pointing, and indeed the Blue Star could be seen.

Time skip

Amelia had the baby dragons, she decided to call them Silver and Gold, on her shoulders. They were relatively happy except for the minimal food they were given.

She could understand them. All aboard the ship were hungry and thirsty as the wind deserted them earlier.

She leaned against the reiling beside the steering wheel.

Caspian and Edmund came up to where she was standing.

Soon they were joined by the captain. "If we don't reach land by night they may very well eat that drago-" He was interupted as the ship jolted sending everyone to the floor.

Gold and Silver hissed as Amelia hit the floor.

They all looked up to see Eustace pulling the boat along.

"Eustace that's brilliant!" Edmund shouted to his cousin.

They cheered for him as he pulled them along.

Later that day Amelia was the first to see the island and ran to Caspian and Edmund. Both looked startled as she burst in with a wide smile, baby dragons looking just as excited as their mother.

"We've reached Ramandu's Island."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)