Chapter 7

It was now a week after and Saguru or now named Yoichi Kudo was doing good. The police made a statement that Saguru Hakuba went missing after the heist. The blond had almost arrived at the hotel, but he hadn't been seen afterward and the last person, who had seen him, was the taxi driver. General Hakuba had done that statement and Shinichi felt bad for the other. He could see on the other bags under his eyes and he looked pale. There was nothing he could do as Yoichi was still not out of danger, and it was better to let him stay in a kid's body instead of his adult one.

The FBI made plans with him now that he told them that there was another victim of that poison. He hadn't told them who, but it wasn't necessary as they put one and one together. As the time range was exactly the same when Saguru disappeared. So they had now planned to put a stop on that organization. Kaito, of course, stayed at the Kudo mansion and telling him that he would help as Kaito kid. 

The shrunken male was at that time outside with the detective boys, playing some board game at Hakase's house. They met him two days after the hospital visit. Haibara heard a day after that Saguru was shrunken and she agreed with him, to let the other stay in that body. Not to mention that the other still had his head injury. 

Another thing, the detective boys knew about him being Conan as he just hadn't had the heart on not telling them. They never told anyone and they are good children. Ran knew as well, and she was furious with him at first, but soon accepted it. 

She herself didn't tell anyone about the fiasco. His feelings changed and it seemed that he wasn't the only one, with Ran it was the same way. And so they decided to stay friends, and they have now a sibling bond. The detective boys didn't know that this was Saguru and it was better, it was enough danger that they knew about the Conan thing. Of course, he hadn't told them the whole truth as they are just kids, but at least that he was Conan. 

So here he was now alone with Kid, Hattori who was the whole week there. Tomorrow would be the day, and he was concerned about the other. The brit would have to stay behind and he was nervous. That was why he asked Ran to take care of Yoichi. He told her that day when they got home about his predicament. She understood why he wanted Yoichi to be with her. At least he would be safer with her. Soon it was evening and the three kids and Haibara had gone home. As he entered he yelled in a childish excited tone.

"Kai-niichan, Shin-niichan and Heiji-niichan I am home!"

The shrunken male ran first to him and gave him a hug, which he returned. It took him a while to get used to it and now it seemed normal. 

"Welcome home, did you have fun?"

"Yup, we played some soccer. Oh, and they told me I am as good as someone named Conan. "

The other grinned at him, and Shinichi chuckled at the comment of Conan. Of course, the kids would mention him. The next one was Kaito who chuckled and hugged him with glee, but there was something else in his eyes. It was well hidden well, but he wasn't just called the detective of the east for nothing. There was sadness in them and he could tell why.

"Aww, did you miss me that much?~"

The other teased and Saguru tilted his head to the side and gave a small nod, as well a small blush spread on his cheeks. That made the other chuckle, but it wasn't easy for Kaito. Will, he ever gets his memory back. Will the other still love him when he remembers his memory? What will happen when he gets his body back? Shinichi could tell the thoughts of the others. This was one of the only times he saw through his poker face, and it seemed that he wasn't the only one, Yoichi as well.

"You know, don't be sad. Just because I am a kid doesn't mean that I don't love you. Um, I just..."

The other paused as he frowns and he seemed a bit more out of it. That was making the other a bit panicky as he suddenly stopped talking.

"Saguru?"

The other hadn't reacted yet and it was now, looking at his watch on his wrist, noting that it was now 2 minutes. He walked up now and putting two fingers on the wrist of the non-responsive boy and noted how the other heartbeat was a bit too fast for his liking.

"Kaito, calm down. Put him on the couch."

The mentioned male careful picked the kid up and walking to the couch. As being there he sat down and put the kids head on his lap. His indigo eyes observed the other closely. By now the non-responsive Saguru had his eyes closed. The brit was having a frown as some sweat pearls on his forehead.

--- 

A few minutes later, a gasp and Saguru woke up. His eyes blurry, he couldn't see well but he saw a particular color Indigo. Was that Kaito? Right now he was disoriented. What had happened? He remembered going back home, and then what? His head was in pain and he groaning and whimpering as he suddenly remembered. He instantly passed out again, as his head was in too much pain.

"Sa....shit....again..."

He heard before he passed out again. A few hours later he has awoken again, but this time he was laying on something soft. It was for sure a bed, his eyes still closed. But he could hear three people talk or maybe arguing? He was trying to open his eyes, but he just couldn't. A groan escaped out of his mouth, as he felt something cool on his head. 

"He seems to have a fever, it should be fine. Just let him rest Shinichi."

The voice was unfamiliar, but he felt a presence next to him, one he knew too well Kaito. He wanted to say something, but no words were coming out. Soon he felt himself drift off again. 

---

He remembered, I wasn't planning on making him remember that soon but my brain had a different idea XD. Oh well, I hope you enjoyed it. I hope you have a fantastic day. See you in the next chapter ja ne.~