Chapter 18

Kaito let out a squeak in surprise and looked at the person who dragged him somewhere quiet. As soon as they were alone, the other changed with a poof. In front of him stood now the person he hasn't seen in 10 years, his father. His poker face shattered as he gaped at the other. But not too soon after this, he glomped his father in a tight hug. As tears formed, the relieve was way too much for the magician. Sobs escaping out of his mouth as tears rolled down. He missed his father so much. It felt like a dream, but he felt real. His body was warm, a heartbeat heard. The other hugged him back, and soon he stopped crying as he let go of the hug and the other as well.

Indigo eyes met vibrant violet ones as both had a huge smile on their lips. His phone buzzed, taking out the phone and reading it, as he paled slightly. Someone tried to shoot Shinichi, and the said person got hit luckily just on the shoulder thanks to a particular blond who acted.

"Um, will you be in trouble for showing yourself?"

The other saw the distressed expression and he gave him a head pat and shook his head.

"Nah, they don't know that I was the former Kaito Kid and I was under the protection of the FBI. Will explain later on."

This made him have a relieved expression as he began to run inside, as his heartfelt with dread seeing a shaken up Saguru and a cold looking Shinichi who was looking around with sharp eyes. 

"Dammit, why am I not surprised that the remaining of them would try to do something funny."

His eyes as cold as well, and his expression void from any emotion, but his voice held anger in it. Toichi had changed by now back to his disguise and was surprised at how his son looked like and wondered what had he gone through to make him that angry at them. It wasn't just his "death" who made him like this. What he gathered so far was that Kaito helped with the downfall so was that why his son was like this? He had to wait as right now there was no time questioning his son.

"Kaito, you doing alright?"

The other gave him a quick look, which was a bit warmer but there was a concern as well.

"Yeah, they tried to kill Shin-chan and my boyfriend protected him. I am sorry, but I need to calm him down. Will explain later."

With this, he ran up to the scene towards a blond male, which he read from articles. Toichi guessed that this was the boyfriend he mentioned just now. As soon as he was there, the other pulled the blond into his arms. A small smile tucked on his lips as he could see the affection in it. He looked around, trying to find the one who had shot, but it seemed that this person had left the scene.

.

.

.

Kaito let out a relieved sigh as seeing the other almost unscattered other than shaking up. Indigo met cold Saphire and recollected eyes. He gave him a small nod and then continued looking around. Saguru seemed to calm down more after he hugged him. They really couldn't rest for just one damn day, can they? He was still wearing that sling, but his shoulder stung less now and he was sure a week after he should be fine. Kaito was always someone who healed faster than others.

Soon the press conference continued as Shinichi got treated and so he finished the story. Next was him, Saguru stayed behind and he walked up, with his poker face put up. The people whispered, and he guessed they wondered why he was there, as his story was explained by Shinichi Kudo at that time.

"I am the voice right now for Saguru Hakuba. He right now can't talk, Saguru sadly is one of the victims like I was, from that Organization. I won't tell what happened as he specifically told me he doesn't want people to know and I respect this. But he told me that I can mention something. The disappearance had to do with this. That is all."

With this, he turned around as now the police made their statement and answered the question. All four walked away going back to the Kuroba house. Saguru was now more relaxed, but his eyes darted around, trying to find any danger. It wasn't surprising to him, as he wasn't better. He put his arm around Saguru's shoulder. Soon they ended up home, with his mom driving them. 

Shinichi and Heiji have gone back to the Kudo mansion, but they promised to visit them on weekends. Tomorrow was school and he wasn't going as well Saguru. Right now it wasn't the best idea and they just wanted to be sure that at least one day they could relax. As they entered he saw his father on the couch sitting like it was something normal. Like he hadn't been missing for ten freaking years. It was something that he should have expected his father to do. Saguru froze as gaping, and looking up at him and then back at his father.

"I think you broke him, Dad."

His amusement was there, but there was a worry as well, as he hoped that he wouldn't pass out. The adult chuckled, but he had a worried expression as well.

"Is he...alright?"

That was bringing Saguru out of his shock state as he gave him a questioning look as well as signing something towards him. It was almost impossible to understand what he was trying to tell him by sign language.

"Calm down, will you. I can't read it when you are signing that fast."

This made him now have a sheepish expression as showing the sign's more slower.

'How is he still alive? Didn't you say that he died when you were eight years old, so how?'

His father was a bit startled and looking more concerned now seeing Saguru do sign language. It made sense as it wasn't known yet publicly that he couldn't talk up until now. Kaito was wondering how long it would take for the other to regain his confident self. It worries him and he hated seeing him like this.

"I faked my death and had to stay hidden. It wasn't known by many in the FBI as they weren't sure that the Organization could have caught wind of it."

Saguru gave a nod and seemed to accept that answer. His eyes met his fathers and they told him that they needed a talk. He knew why and he understood too well after all his boyfriend was that traumatized.

"I am going to have a talk to him. Saguru when something is, you can go to my mom or write to me."

The other gave a small nod as he kissed his cheeks. Now both males walked up, and once again in the room.
.
.
.

I hope you enjoyed it and see you guys in the next chapter ja ne.~