Chapter 17

The silence continued and his mother waiting patently that he would talk to her. So he opened his mouth, which was surprising even her.

"The organization was taken down two days ago in the evening. Tantei-kun knew the boss. They know each other and were friends. I never saw him like this, and it was bloody. Like many lost their lives and both sides had lost people. It was gruesome."

His voice got more broken and shaky as he looked anywhere else. Both of the words boss and gruesome where said in a cold voice. His expression was void from emotions. He could feel himself being pulled into the hug of his mother. God, had he missed her. It was a while since they had seen her, and it was making always feel lonely when he was alone. Since Hakuba came into his life it came bearable yet the loneliness sometimes was almost unbearable for him.

"Oh, my poor baby boy."

Her voice was soft and full of emotions. He could feel his eyes sting and soon he broke and choked sobs escaped out of him. He hugged her back as he began to talk more.

"Th-they hic... have done so-some... hic horrible things to hic Saguru..."

He tightens the hug as he couldn't get himself to talk. It was so painful seeing his boyfriend like this. It the crying continued until he was calm enough to continue the talk. The hug was left and both sat on the bed with her having an arm around his shoulder and him leaning into the touch.

"What happened to him? I could tell it was something horrible. Hakuba is a detective isn't he?"

That was making him chuckle slightly as giving him a grin.

"Yeah, he is and we somehow ended up in love with each other. He is the best thing that could have happened. About what happened to him he..."

There was a pause as he let out a sigh. It wasn't easy to talk about this as he felt horrible that something like that happened to Saguru.

"It happened after my heist a week after..."

He explained everything and in the end, his mother had a horrified expression. She stood up and walking out. Kaito was a bit perplexed about what she would do now. So he followed after her and was blinking as she saw him pulling the other in a hug. The other froze and confused, but soon hugged back as the woman whispered something into his ears. He could guess it was something like, 'I am so sorry that you had to go through stuff like this'.

Soon the hug left and Hakuba had a small smile on his lips as mouthing a thank you towards the woman. As an answer she gave him a head pad and looking back at Kaito with a soft expression

"I will stay for a week and have to go overseas again sadly. Do you think you two will be fine without me being here?"

That was making him blink and a surprised expression as his poker face shatter once again. 

"We will be fine. I am just glad to have you here again. Saguru do you want to stay here after that week or do you want to live at your place?"

The other paused as he probably was thinking what to do and then began to sign...

'Yeah, I have Baaya at home and I should be fine after the week. You still can come to visit of course. I don't mind it.'

Kaito had doubts about him being fine after a week but didn't say anything. His shoulder would still need some time to heal around 3 weeks, or maybe a month. It depends from person to person.

"Oh and mom?"

The female's attention turned to him as he gave her a more serious expression.

"We have to get to the conference hall as both of us are involved in the case. Could you drive us there, that would be awesome."

The woman gave him a nod and so he pulled him back to the couch and both sat down, beginning to hug each other. Chikage hadn't said anything and just walked upstairs. At least he could relax until they had to go there. A sigh escaped out of his mouth as soon he dozed off and it seemed the other as well.

At the same time on a different place...

Four people sat at the table at a place which was the Kudo mansion. 

"Are you sure about this?"

The unknown person gave a soft smile now as he gave the other pat on his shoulder.

"Of course, now that this is finished it should be alright."

The second one looked a bit unsure, but let out a sigh resigned and let the other do what he has planned.

"You do realize that they still haven't caught him do you?"

The other chuckled softly and gave a smirk at the third one who was the same age them Kaito.

"Yes, and I maybe we are lucky and that person will be there. And I won't show myself there.~"

The other gave a playful wink as the fourth one shook his head and snorted at the antics.

"I can't believe that ye're still alive. God, will he have a heart attack."

The person talked into an Osakan dialect at the same age then the third one. Who snorted again as in his eyes had a gleam, mischievous one.

"That is for all the prank's he had pulled on me."

That was making the fourth one snort now as he shook his head in the antics of the other.

"I guess we should head out now, and good luck in doing whatever you plan on doing."

With this three walked out, with the other wearing a disguise. The teen's or young adults shook their head as they said their goodbye to the first person...

(Did you guess who they were owo?)

With Kaito and Saguru

It was now a few hours later and he was feeling a bit better, tho he still had nightmares about that evening. Kaito was sure that he wouldn't get rid of them, and Saguru didn't look better. Both wore formal suits as his mother wore a formal red dress. Soon they were there with Shinichi and Heiji greeted them. Which Saguru has done as well with his sign language. His mother stayed behind and in the mass of the press or that was what she told them, but something was different.

She had a particular gleam in her eyes that shown that she was brewing something up. Not that he minded that much, but he hoped it wasn't something too...bad. Oh well, he would have to wait. Now they walked into the conference hall. Or that was what he planned on doing. Kaito was dragged by someone without the others realizing it as they were too occupied with Shinichi who entered the podium the first one to talk to. He told them that he would be the one who would tell about Kaito kid and about the black organization. The police let him, as he was the one who had been highly involved in this mess.

---

Hehe, I wonder what will happen next?~ I can't wait to see your reaction to the next chapter. I had fun writing this. I hope you did enjoy it and see you all in the next chapter. Oh and a happy new year. ^~^