Chapter 23 End?

"Unsure, but I won't get back like a magician. I want to use that knowledge for good. Maybe I am staying in the FBI? And you?"

The other was surprised at this but understood it. After all, having him in the police or FBI would help many people.

"I decided to stay in the FBI, so maybe we could be two man's team? I wouldn't mind after all we did work enough together to make it work out."

He grinned slightly at this, as it would be cool working with Shinichi. All he needed now to tell his boyfriend, but that could wait.

"I am going back to sleep. Tell Saguru that I have to tell him something."

The other knew of course what he would tell the other and gave him a small nod letting him alone. It took not too long for him to doze off again.

---

It was now a few days later and everything ended well. His body was back to how it was and his shoulder was healed. So that was a good thing.

Saguru and Kaito talked things over, and when the news came with him working at the FBI, the other was conflicted at this.

At first, Saguru was not liking it but but when hearing that a particular detective would work there as well, he accepted it. At least he wouldn't work alone and working together with one of his critics was pretty cool. But they wouldn't work yet there as they still had two more months go.

Aoko and Kaito talked things over now and she promised him never to use fish ever again on him. She realized how dangerous it was now and when hearing the reason for his fish phobia she was feeling horrible. 

Nakamori was apologizing for every time cursing on Kaito Kid. He didn't know the reason and felt now horrible as well. All three decided to take it slowly. Saguru was glad about this, at least he didn't need to be worried about Kaito getting ever again attacked by fish. Or he hoped at least, but with Aoko you never knew and he would have an eye open for her. 

There was still the thing about her pulling out a broom which he had to go between, other than that everything was rather quiet or as quiet as it can get with Kaito. He was back to how he was before that entire thing. 

Saguru was finally better at talking as well, but he still sometimes had problems that he couldn't do much. No one blamed him as he had gone through a lot. He was sometimes trying to avoid people as much as possible. Mostly when he had one of his nightmares, and Kaito tried his best to calm the other down. 

Shinichi and Hattori came finally out and telling everyone that they got together, which Kaito had the feeling that they were together. They did hide it, but he had keen eyes and saw the affection they sometimes gave each other. It was subtle. But he didn't mind it nor Saguru. 

Not everyone was that accepting, Ran and Kazuha wasn't liking it. They were pretty mad at the two for hiding something big like that. He shuddered at the memory because both were furious and he was decided to run away with Saguru at that time. As the other was scared by the two furious females.

And now two months later all four managed to get through school with A+. People gaped at him, as he never was really listening to school, but that was because for him it was boring. That was why he dozed off. Hakuba decided to work with the FBI as well, as Hattori and now the four worked together.

They were known for doing a great job. For now, they didn't do too big jobs, as Kaito knew that Saguru still needed to get better and it would take ages. That was why they did take smaller jobs. At least that was until a big one was coming and they knew for a fact that it won't be that easy. 

Everything was going well and all four knew that the four would always be together as all four had gone through way too much. They were almost never seen alone and their bond was deep, that deep that one of the four would realize when someone is in danger the others would know for sure. It was strange maybe for people on the outside, but not for the four people in the group it wasn't.

---
That is it, the fanfic has ended. I had fun writing this and hope you had fun as well when reading this. It got a bit short, but I didn't really want to stretch it. This maybe will get a sequel when the other fanfics have finished. I forgot about this fanfic entirely or any fanfic I have up there. The reason is that I am writing on a fanfiction crossover with Spider-man x avengers x Kaito Kid. So whoopsie forgot XD