Chapter 21

It took a few tries for Kaito to tell him, and he was patient. Hearing what happened made him feel angry at the sicko who tried to do this. Both decided to take it extra slowly as both had gone through almost the same thing. At least they could make each feel better.

Toichi had explained to them why he needed to hide, and it made sense. The people of the black organization had to do with this. At least it would soon end. He was sure that they would find them, or at least he hoped that these people would be found...

A few days later, and Saguru talked with him at least. Others were still something that he couldn't bring himself to talk. Way too shy and it made him worried at the same time he awed at the cuteness. At least he managed to talk to Shinichi and Hattori. But he still was stuttering. But there was something else, his nightmares about that time didn't stop and it seemed that Shinichi was the same. At least both didn't need to go through this alone.

School...was interesting. Many came towards him and asking him questions as well as Saguru. The other hid behind him, and Kaito answered for him. Other then that school was relatively normal. As normal as it can get with him and Saguru getting known by people from japan. And probably around the world as well. It was found out that they were a group that was international. Not just students but strangers either wanted to have an autograph from both or wanted to ask a question or simply gratulated them. It was exhausting to have to do that.

The last of the weekday choose outside from school a disguise. Knowing Kaito Kid has his good perks as well being him. That was how they had at least some calm way home. But school was still as annoying and both couldn't wait for school to be finished.

One other thing was relieving, they found the sniper and soon everything got resolved. It was a relieve and now they could finally relax and concentrate on getting better. His injuries healed, and it seemed that Shinichi was better as well by now. 

A little fun fact, Hattori and Shinichi got together which was at first a surprise, yet it made sense. Right now all four were sitting in a cafe and talking about different things. Saguru still stuttered, but a bit less. He was almost back to how he was and that was a relief to the formal magician.

All four wore some kind of disguise as they didn't want to get bothered by other people. It seemed that with Hattori and Shinichi it wasn't better. At least they had some calm moments that was until Kaito decided to walk to the toilet. As he came back he had to groan. In front of him was a scene that was normal by now. 

Why was he surprised at this? Shinichi was a trouble magnet and it was usual that the other ended in some kind of case.

'Oh come on Lady luck for once couldn't you let him rest?'

A sigh escaped as he walked up and it seemed that Saguru was helping as well. It made him glad that his boyfriend seemed a bit more comfortable. The blond turned around and gave him a nervous smile and he gave a smile as well back.

"You know Shin-chan, can for once not something go wrong?~"

He chirped and the other snorted as giving him a playful glare.

"Go complain to your lady luck. We both know that she loves to mess with me."

This time it was he who snorted and chuckled.

"Noted, will do that.~"

He grinned as the other rolled his eyes and Hattori had rolled them as well. 

"A-ano? T-there i-is something w-with th-the corpse Shinichi. The tattoo seemed way too red."

The mentioned male turned his attention and looked at the place Saguru pointed and had a thin line.

"This is...oh god."

Kaito looked now more closely and raised an eyebrow at Shinichi.

"What? This is just a tattoo nothing bad or did I miss something?"

Both Osakan and the Heisei Holmes had eye contact for a moment. The police soon arrived and forensic arrived, but no one found the killer. It just meant one thing that the killer escaped, but why had both detective looked so nervous and unnerved. As well the police, they didn't look better. It seemed that he wasn't the only one who was lost, Saguru seemed as lost then himself.

"What is going on?"

The other shrugged and soon both teens or should we say young adults were dragged out of the cafe and to the house of Kudo. As they where there he looked more unnerved and more nervous. 

"There is a killer on the loose. Unpredictable and the only way you can know that it was him, is when the person has some kind of mark. The drawing on their skin is always the same style, but it is poisoned."

That was making both other males in the room realize the situation and both looked as unnerved. 

"Can I look into the case?"

That made both Shinichi and Hattori look surprised at him. He had seen something like this and wanted to be sure that he wasn't right. They walked up to his library, the magician and his boyfriend sat next to each other. With Saguru leaning onto him, and him putting an arm around the teen. Shinichi walked off somewhere and bringing him the file. He opened it and skimped through it and giving a curse. 

"I know where they got these henna tattoos. It is something which just got popular in our school. Luckily I told both Aoko and Akako that this place seemed f-fishy. It is the same kind of art style."

He said it absent-minded as he was still not finished with skimming through so that he hadn't realized that both detectives had eye contact.

"Is there an antidote against that poison?"

This time he looked up and both had males had once more eye contact and shaking their heads.

"Haibara is on it, why?"

That was making the other have a mischievous glint.

"How about we lure the killer and let myself get one of those. How long would it take for me to die and how long would it take for her to make it?"

Saguru swatted his head and glared at the other, and the two other detectives both pinched their noses. Had he said something wrong? 

"What?"

He looked clueless into each of them and all three let out a sigh.

"You won't do this. I won't agree to a plan like this."

That was making him want to argue and the other gave him a glare and he flinched. Why was his boyfriend mad at him? The other glared just more at him, and he just couldn't see to find out why he was mad. It was easier to lure him out and he had done this when being Kid so why not use that again?

---

I can imagine him making a plan like this. He is clever but sometimes he is a moron. Another 2 to 3 chapters and then this fanfic will end. I hope you enjoyed it and I see you all in the next chapter ja ne.~