Chapter 3

It was now the next morning, Kaito still out of cold and Hakuba got checked out. Kaito got checked out as well, and it seemed that he had a high fever, but both should be alright. When their condition was getting worse, they should go to the hostpital. Hattori's parents had holidays, and so they were alone at home. Shinichi was relieved at that, trying to explain it to them would not work. By now Kaito's fever was down and he was sure that the magician would be alright when waking up.

Shinichi was the whole night awake, at first Hattori wanted to stay awake as well, Shinichi told him that he should sleep. When something would happen, he would wake the other male up. And so here he was watching both of them without sleeping. The male couldn't sleep anyway, too much worry for both of his friends. Kaito was by now his best friend, and Hakuba was by now a good friend as well. He felt the concern grow, that was until he felt someone groan. It was Hakuba, his body instantly tense as his eyes dart around, it was as he would try to escape soon. It was clear why, and he could just feel more concerned for the male. 

"Hey, Hakuba-kun..."

The person instantly looked at him as he spoke in a soft tone. The male stared at him, but without any recognition. At least, he relaxed, but the worry stayed. The doctor told them that the possibility was that he wouldn't remember anything. 

"Do you...know what did happen?"

His voice soft, there was a hesitation in his voice, after all the possibilty stayed. He waited patiently for the other male to talk to him. The shrunken person paused, a frown formed its way over his face.

"I uh don't remember other than my name. Did you rescue me?"

The voice was soft-spoken; the male looked at him with questioning eyes. Yet Hakuba was calm, or he seemed calm, yet he could see flashes of emotions. Confusion, fear, pain. It made sense and he wanted to hug him, telling him that everything was fine. But he didn't after all he first needed to know how the male really was.

"Actually, it wasn't just me. Two other people as well..."

He paused for a moment, what should he do now? Should he tell him? Right now Hakuba was in a kid's body. He wasn't sure and Kaito still out of the cold. 

"Thanks a lot, mister, I was scared and couldn't move. They talked to each other and one of them said...that they drugged me."

That made him angry, now it made sense why Hakuba wasn't yelling nor resisting. He was just like a puppet. Dear God, what had they done to him? It was horrifying hearing this from him. He pulled the shrunken Hakuba in a hug. That was it he will get them and behind bars. The boy tensed first but then relaxed letting himself getting hugged.

"I am so sorry, that we weren't fast enough."

He felt terrible for Hakuba. It made sense now to him why he wasn't reaction really much. It seemed that he was conscious when they did that to him. It disgusted him when people do that. It was one of the reasons why he was detective get people who do these things, behind bars.

"D-don't worry, you did rescue me after all didn't you?"

The voice was soft and he let out a sigh after he felt the latter relax. It seemed that the other was shaking without realizing it and now he seemed to shake.

'Should I...ask?...'

He wanted to know how far they have gone, but at the same time, he didn't want to know. Just the thought alone of them managing to get trough with it made him feel horrified.

"Mister you can let go now."

"Ah, sorry Hakuba-kun."

'Huh, as always polite. It seemed that this never will change...'