C H A P T E R 8

C H A P T E R 8 : The Risk

Kiba

Just knock. One knock.

Too late, she opened it on her own.

"When are we leaving?"

"Hey, who said you were coming with me, kid?"

"You don't get to decide that, I do." I said.

"Kid this is serious, this man killed so many people in his lifetime, do you really think you'll live when dozens have died?"

"Do you think I fucking care about that?" I say staring her in the eye.

"Kiba, I know you mean well, but it isn't safe."

"Well, too little too late, lady. I've made up my mind, I'm coming."

She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again, knowing that she can't convince me.

"Fine. You can come, if and only if you stay with Dei the whole time."

"Yes! Fucking yes!" I scream from the the top of my lungs.

She shakes her head, and motions me to come in.

"Naru, I'm coming to save you."

As I say that, she mumbles something I couldn't quite make out.

She tells me to sit down on their couch, as I do, my eyes wander around the room looking nowhere and everywhere.

"Are you ready to risk your life for a love that might not even exist anymore? To risk everything for this sliver of hope?"

"It definitely exists. I know. I feel it. It's the love we built together, it's our love, a love I know is different from any other."

"Let's go."

Dei

"Shizukesa ga shimikomu you de iki wo tometa gozen goji
Hijou kaidan de tsume wo kamu  asu wa docchi da? THE DAY HAS COME!!! Teneneneneneeneeee!"

Hey don't laugh at me, I've been stuck in this stupid hospital since forever, I can sing when I want to, you know.

"You like it when mommy sings, don't you, Hana-chan?" I said kissing her tiny forehead, she is just the most precious thing.

"C'mon, it's time for the chorus, Hana-chan!!"

I hold her closely to my chest, Hana, what a beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl, that a beautiful young man such as myself has made.

"Karamiau meikyuu meikyuu soredemo yuku to iu no? Chiisaki tabibito ga kanaderu hajimari no~!" Someone's laughing at me, and as much as I want my cute little baby Hana-chan to start talking, it's probably just someone else.

"Who the fuck are you and who sent you?" I said as I reflexively reached for my back pocket, forgetting that I don't have any weapons on me.

"Relax Dei, it's me."

Oh it's just the old lady.

..

Wait, how da fucc did she find out where I am?!

"Where did you even come from?!!"

"Shh, you'll wake the kid up."

"Answer me or I'll-I'll," I reach for my bedside table and grab the nearest and most deadliest thing I can find, "I'll throw this remote at you!"

"Really, Dei? That's what you've resorted to? Where's the Dei that blew up my expensive medical equipment once?" She's chuckling at me again.

"Answer me!"