C H A P T E R 1

A/N
I'm gonna start adding Ham's quotes here...

"Dying is easy, young man. Living is harder."

-George Washington (Hamilton the Musical)

C H A P T E R 1: The Hanging Tree
3rd POV
We start a new beginning of the same story in the cold January weather, a young teen was in her dorm, the cause of his pain.

3 months... she still hadn't forgive herself... she knew it was her fault... she knew no secret was worth someone's life... his life... her first friend... someone she thought she knew... and she knows that what she did was wrong, she knew she caused all the pain Kiba, Tsunade, and all of Naruto's friends felt... she knew it was because of her selfishness that the others were in this endeavour. She was on the verge of killing herself, the only thi g that was stopping her was fear, fear that she'd be forgotten, fear of

"N-Naruto." She muttered, trying to stop the tears from flowing out of her eyes. She hated it. No, she hated herself. If she hadn't done that, none of this would have happened in the first place.

"Sakura, you can't keep blaming yourself for his death, it's not you're fault.. you need to learn to move on, He wouldn't hate you, Naruto would've wanted~!" "How would you know, Ino?! Nobody understood who he was!? Kiba was the only one who was there for him! And where was I? I was being a fucking whore for Sasuke?! Tell me? How can you say it isn't my fault, Ino? Tell me?!" She screamed at her best friend, trying to hide under the covers of her bed, away from the world, away from the people she could hurt.

"Listen to me Sakura, nobody blames you for what happened, so stop blaming yourself. We care for you, everyone's worried for you." She said with a small smile, while trying to comfort her best friend.

Sakura pulled put of the cover and was about to scream again but was interrupted with soft, warm lips on hers.

-???-
"How much longer will you make us wait? I don't like to be kept waiting." A redhead said impatiently. He was wearing a somewhat tattered and ripped cloak and a grim look on his face. "Patience. We have to wait for the right opportunity. And your job is to take care of him." "But Konan's got that taken care of. I'm needed in the front lines, Nagato." He said again a bit more impatiently than the last time.

"Look, Sasori, Orochimaru was captured, and he was the third strongest here, and Itachi's wounded." He explained to the other. "I know.." "this war is not over."

"Listen here, Nagato, Hoshigaki's gone missing after you sent him out to scout the river, Tobi is more insanely childish than he already was, Zetsu is nowhere to be found, the Zombie Twins are impaled, and let's not forget about Deidara! He's your nephew for fuck's sake. And he's pregnant!" He ranted angrily.

"Sasori, where is this coming from? You've always been the silent one." Nagato said thoughtfully. "He's the only one I've cared for. He showed me happiness. I love him. Even if I'm just at the sidelines, even if the only thing I can do is watch, just don't let him lose everything like I have."

It was true, he had only been the same age as Deidara was right now, for the past 8 years of joining the Akatsuki dangerous life threatening missions, then meeting Deidara some years after, he felt a twinge of care in his long cold hearted heart. His parents died fighting for Japan, his grandmother died when he was only 4, he had no one, no friends, no companions, only a gift.

The gift of craftsmanship, he had the skills to create elaborate human like puppets that only he could control, with them he felt a surge of power, but left a longing in his heart. For love.. something he had been deprived with, something he never felt before... before he met him.. Deidara.. but he knew the other was in love with another. So he did the only thing he could, observe. No matter how much pain he felt, he acted as silent as possible. So is Sasori.

"Saso~!" "Leave me alone."

-Kiba-
"He's alive.." he muttered under his breath, his swollen eyes could not produce anymore tears. "Naruto... he's..." he muttered again silently. "It couldn't be him, he' been gone for months.. and if that is him, why is he with Madara Uchiha?!"

They were devastated to say the least. One moment grieving, then the next they see him on the news.. looking beat up, in pain. Everything he gained he lost in a span of six months.

A man entered the seans of the house and said, "Umm, guys. Sorry to barge in, but have you seen the news?" Shisui said entering the main quarters. The three just nodded in response. "The thing is, we can't prove that's him. He might just be a look alike.. we don't know for sure, but the people who've worked on his case three months ago are at work, we can assure you that." "Thank you Shisui." Tsunade said and sat down next to the mouth agape Jiraiya.

"If we hear any news about this, we'll report it to you. I'll take my leave now~." Shisui was interrupted by someone. "Wait, Shisui." Kiba suddenly said. "What is it, Kiba?" "The Akatsuki." "Nani?" "Are they back? The Akatsuki I mean?" "Unfortunately, no. There were no reports of it. Deidara and Itachi still aren't back, let's just hope for the best."

"Alright, we'll see each other later Shisui." "Of course, Kiba."

-???-
"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

An eerie voice sang, through the halls of an old mansion.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

It continued more soundly, a young boy was singing and crawling on the floor, strange things did happen here, no stranger that his legs were bandaged.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where I told you to run,
So we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

The boy sang, crawling closer to a nearby light that shone in the darkness.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
[Line modified for effect:] Wear a necklace of hope,
Side by side with me.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

The boy saw a man striding to him with an evil smile.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where I told you to run,
So we'd both be free.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

Fear shone in the boy's eyes as he saw the dark haired male come closer.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

The man listened to his soft voice that echoed through the manor, as he moved closed and closer to the boy.

"Are you, are you
Coming to the tree?
Where dead man called out
For his love to flee.
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree."

The final line was sung as the man leaned down to the boy, and gave him a chaste kiss on the lips.

A/N
Let me be the first one to say, did you like it? Or not?... Mitsu-san signing off.