/10/

The next day, Chris woke up feeling nervous. He was going to meet Scarlett's parents for the first time, and he wasn't sure what they were going to think of him or Vance. 

He knew that Scarlett was nervous too, because her parents could be very judgemental about these things, and she didn't want them to hate Chris or Vance. 

Chris tried to keep his emotions inside and hide his fear, to help Scarlett feel a little more confident. He wanted to stay strong and be her rock when she needed support. 

He looked beside him at Scarlett, whose head lay on his shoulder. She looked so peaceful and Chris thought she was the most beautiful thing in the world. He placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, and she began to wake up.

"Hey Scar." Chris said softly and quietly.

"Hey Chrissy." Scarlett replied, quietly. She smiled at him, kissed his cheek and hugged him. They lay there together for a little while, Chris holding Scarlett tight in his arms.

Just waking up with each other was enough to make them happy in the mornings. Neither Chris, nor Scarlett had ever felt this way with anyone else. That was why Scarlett was so worried about Chris meeting her parents. She didn't want them hurting her relationship with him.

When the couple finally got up, they got dressed and went downstairs to eat breakfast. 

Vance was already downstairs waiting for them when they walked into the kitchen holding hands, which Vance thought was adorable.

"Hey dad. Hi mom." Vance said to Chris and Scarlett. "Is it okay if I call you mom Scarlett?"

"Yes, it is just fine with me if you call me mom." Scarlett replied, as she walked over to him and hugged him. Vance smiled and hugged her back; he was happy to finally have a loving family.

For breakfast, Chris made the three of them eggs and toast with some orange juice for Vance and coffee for him and Scarlett.

After breakfast, Vance decided that they should watch a movie until Scarlett had to go pick up her parents from the airport. The trio sat on the couch with blankets and watched a movie. 

A little while later, Scarlett checked the time on her phone and realized that she had to go pick up her parents from the airport.

"I'll be back in a little bit, okay?" Scarlett asked looking at both of them. Vance nodded and hugged her.

Chris frowned and said, "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"

"Yes, Chris. I'll be fine." Scarlett assured him. Chris sighed then kissed her. He stood up and  followed her to the door. Just as she was about to open the door, Chris kissed her again. Scarlett lightly punched his shoulder in annoyment, and Chris smiled into the kiss. 

Scarlett pulled away and said, "Chris! I have to go!" Chris frowned again, and gave her his puppy dog eyes.

"Please? You know, I'm sure your parents would rather stay at the airport anyways!" Chris said, jokingly. Scarlett sighed, rolled her eyes and gave Chris a quick kiss before walking out the door.

"Well I guess that didn't work." Chris said walking over to the couch to continue the movie. Vance laughed.

"No, it didn't." He said, still laughing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scarlett finally gotten to the airport and was just pulling in to park. She told her parents where she was parked, since she didn't want to have to deal with people recognizing her. After a few minutes, her parents came to the car, and she got out to meet them.

"Hi mom! Hi dad!" Scarlett said, and she hugged both of her parents.

"Hello Scarlett." Her parents replied, as they hugged her back. They took their bags, and put them in the back seat. Once everything was in the car, Scarlett sighed.

This is going to be interesting, she thought.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in a while and this is really short. Check out my other stories too!