/26/

After his call with Scott, Chris knew exactly what he needed to do.

He went upstairs to Vance's room and went in to find Vance reading a magazine.

"Hey Vance! I have to run a few errands, do you wanna come with?" Chris asked.

"Sure dad! Where are we going?" Vance asked as he grabbed some shoes and began tying them.

"You'll see." Chris said, smiling slightly to himself.

The two of them went downstairs and found Scarlett on the couch watching TV. 

"Hey Scar! Vance and I are going to run some errands but it shouldn't take us too long." Chris said. 

"Okay! Where are you going?" Scarlett asked, looking over at him.

"Oh nowhere. I just have to pick a few things up." Chris replied.

"Okay! Have fun!" Scarlett said, turning back to face the TV. 

Once they were both in the car, Vance turned to Chris and asked, "Why wouldn't you tell mom where we're going? You're being really secretive about this whole thing."

"Look, you'll understand it better when we get there, I promise. Now here, put this blindfold on. I want it to be a surprise." Chris said, handing him a blindfold.

"Okay. I guess I'm gonna have to trust you on this one." Vance replied as he tied on the blindfold.

Chris started the car and they drove for a little bit until they reached their destination. 

Chris made Vance keep the blindfold on as he led them through the store. When he reached the place he wanted to be, he told Vance to take off his blindfold.

As soon as he did, he said, "Holy shit dad!"

Chris smiled and said, "Hey, I better not hear you swear around your mom, okay?"

Vance nodded and said, "Okay, but dad this is crazy! I can't believe it! You're gonna propose to mom!" 

Chris smiled even wider and nodded.

"Yeah. I've been thinking about it for a little while, and I've finally decided to actually buy her a ring and propose!" Chris said.

Vance grinned at him and said, "Wow! This is so awesome! I'm really happy for you dad!" 

"Thanks bud. I figured I could use some help picking out a ring, so I decided to bring you along. I just want everything to be perfect." Chris said.

"I'm sure everything's gonna turn our great dad! Now let's find a ring for mom." Vance said. He turned and began looking at all of the engagement rings that were on display.

"I'm thinking that we should go with a ring that's nice and pretty, but not over the top or too excessive." Chris said.

"Sounds great! And I think mom will love whatever you pick out, so don't stress about it too much." Vance said, looking up at Chris. "How do you think you'll pop the question?"

"Well, I'm not sure yet, although I have seen some pretty creative ideas online. Maybe when we get home, you can help me look for some ideas." Chris replied.

"Alright! I still can't believe you're proposing to her. This is so exciting!" Vance said, happily. Chris smiled at him and then turned back to look at some more rings.

A minute later Chris said, "I think I may have found the perfect ring." Vance walked over and looked at it.

"Wow! I think it's perfect dad! That's definitely the one." Vance said.

Chris smiled and he paid for the ring and headed home with Vance

"Mission complete!" Vance said, after he and Chris got in the car. "Now, on to the next one: figuring out how you're gonna propose!"

A/N: Hey guys! I am so sorry for not updating in so long! I've been super busy and it's been hard to find time to write! I know that this chapter is a bit shorter than usual but I hoped you enjoyed anyways! Sorry if there are any typos or mistakes! I will try to update soon and I hope you all have a great week!