Chapter 10 | DEATH SENTENCE?!!

"What do you mean by the death sentence? Why could she have been punished that far?"

My high pitched voice shocked Nanase-san. To be honest, I too was surprised at my own voice-raising behaviour. Why am I mad at him? He didn't do anything wrong but here I am, scolding him.

I slapped my forehead hard. "I'm sorry. I have no intention of raising my voice..it's just... Why?"

He sighed. "First, he didn't take it but stole it. Second, the act of stealing someone else's medicine is a big crime, Yamaguchi-chan. And because of that, she was sentenced to death. But, I'm pretty sure that she didn't get it at such a young age. The court will surely lighten the sentence."

"That's a relief.."

I closed my eyes and rested my body. My body feels so tired as if I'm doing a heavy job even though it's not the truth.

'I should ask him another question'

I nodded a little at my words. Heh! Kinda crazy, huh. "Nanase-san", I said with my eyes open. I looked at him. "Does anyone else know that I'm in the hospital right now?"

"Not really," he replied confidently. Okay, that surprised me. 'Why didn't he tell the others?!'

"Why don't you tell the others?"

"I don't want to make them worry, you know. I hate it. Listen, it's not that I don't want to tell them this clause. I just feel sorry for them when they see you in this situation. Their hearts must be hurt!"

There's kind of logic, too. I couldn't bear to see their faces turning sad. They've been through a lot because of me. But, they must be wondering why I'm not coming back yet. "What time is it now?", asked me. 'Actually, where is my phone?'

"It's at 5 pm. I told them that I brought you out to eat. That can stop them from asking too much question for a while."

"That's called lying. Congratulations! You just taught a teenager to lie," I said, trying to tease him. His face turned anxious. "Eh?! That's not what-" His stopped talking as he heard me laugh. 'OMG! I'm such a bad girl'

[Narrator POV]

Nanase smiled as he saw Urara laughing with joy. His heart was so relieved that the girl was okay. He didn't know why but he felt something strange inside of him towards the girl and he wanted to know why.

"So, are you okay? Because you're actually allowed to leave the hospital already," Nanase said, standing up. The phone was put in his pants pocket. Urara nodded. "I feel fine. My headache is gone. I think I can go out now."

Nanase rubbed the back of his neck. "Uhh.." He felt nervous. 'Come on, Riku! You can do it. Just ask her'

"Do you want to eat outside?", he asked. His eyes looking away doesn't want to make any eye-contact with her.