Chapter 20 | FEVER? NAH~

'Things didn't work out well as I expected

'Things didn't work out well as I expected.'

She tries to open her eyes but such a small thing also requires energy to do so especially, when she has a fever. The day is Monday and she is lying in bed, feeling helpless, without any energy in her body. She took a day off from school and she didn't like it.

Why?

No school, meant no training for her that day. Well, there's nothing she can do anyway so she sent a message to her manager, Saraka, notifying her that she could not attend the training that day.

After getting a reply from the manager, she said, "Argh! I'm hungry. Mom does prepare some breakfast for me, right?" She tried her best to get up and get out of bed, heading to the kitchen to fill up her empty stomach. She was so hungry that she felt she could eat the whole cow.

That is if she could.

"Thank god! She made me some food," she said as her eyes fell on the omelette; her favourite food that was already served on the table. She took a chair and sat down. "Ittadakimasu!"

As you can see, she lives alone at home. Her parents are not allowed to take time off even though they are desperate, wanting to take care of their infirm daughter but company policy, where her parents work is a bit tight.

As for Urara's brothers, Tanaka wanted to take care of her sister but that year was his last year in middle school, so he was a little hesitant. Plus, Urara reassured her parents and her siblings that she was able to take care of herself and that...

Well, they accepted it with a heavy heart.

When she had done eating, she took her medicine and then, she opened the fridge and explored all the food that was in it. She let out a sigh. "It's not enough to make dinner for tonight. I have to go out and buy some kitchen stuff."

- - - - -

"Welcome to our supermarket!" Said a female worker standing at the entrance, welcoming her politely. Throwing a small smile and nod at her, Urara walked straight to the seafood section. She didn't even notice that a man was watching her. And that person is one of her acquaintances.

"Yamaguchi-chan? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to go to school?"

Urara knows that voice. A deep but gentle voice. She turned her head and her guess was right. "Osaka-san!" She's grinning. "Oh, actually, I have a fever. So I took a day off from school. Then, I find that my family are running out of food so here I am! Buying some things."

Sogo shakes his head, not buying at all the reason that Urara had given him. "You've got a good intent there but I don't think you should push yourself to go out buying some kitchen stuff, you know. On top of that, you are sick. Your fever could go higher and maybe. Worst!" His voice sounded high, starting to catch other people interest.