Chapter 23

Luther

Before making my way over to The Player's Club, I had to make a quick stop to see an old friend of mine. She wasn't involved in what Rodney and I were up to, nor did she know we had her boyfriend but he's just collateral, so are the rest of them. We don't really want anything to do with them, but they're just collateral for Hazel to make her way to us before we have to go find her and DeMarco. We didn't plan on this being dragged out so long with DeMarco but we'e had a few setbacks over the years. We planned on having DeMarco dead three years ago when we first got news he was spotted in New Jersey with his family. Things have just been so busy here in California that we haven't gotten a chance to actually make moves on him, but all of that will be changing soon. Word around the streets is that he's coming back. Nobody knows when, but he's coming back soon.

"Hey cutie."

I smiled when I heard Charlotte's voice and turned around to see her standing in front of me. I swear she about fine as hell. I would have hit years ago but she likes to keep things professional between our friendship.

"What up?" I asked as she pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"Nothing, just trying to survive. I've got some good news for you."

"Well, you ain't gonna ask how I'm doing?" I asked as I watched her sit down beside me on the all white sectional.

She smirked. "My bad. How you doin' Luther? You good?"

I smiled. "I'm chillin'. Now, what's up with you?"

"Well," Charlotte began as she tried so hard to hide the huge smile that was forcing itself upon her face. "I found out about a week ago that I was pregnant."

I raised an eyebrow. "Damn, by that ball player?" I asked.

"Yeah, who else?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Man, I don't even know. You really feelin' that nigga? I mean, he don't really seem like your type."

"I love him," she replied.

"You love money ma."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Alright, I do love money."

"And that nigga?"

"I have some love for him. I didn't expect for our relationship to go as far as a few years, but I really didn't expect to be pregnant. I guess I'll always have a check coming in if anything happens."

"What about that girl? Victoria?" I asked.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. "Please don't remind me of that bitch. You know, even after all of these years she's still in love with Teddy."

I nodded my head. "You know how some bitches can get stuck on a nigga once they get some good dick, or they might just be desperate. Shit, it might even be both," I explained.

I really wanted to tell Charlotte the truth about that nigga but I knew it was none of my business to be telling. I have more important things to be concerned about than the nigga Charlotte's sleeping with that's sleeping with his ex and sending her gifts because he's still in love with her. Me and Charlotte been cool for a minute, but she's dumb as hell. She hasn't suspected anything after all of these years, and probably never will.

"She's both, well at least I think she is. I swear if she got the chance to fuck him then she'd just jump right on top of him."

She already did. Before Keenon and Nick got them, they knew they were sleeping together. They had been watching the condo for hours, that's how they got Malaysia. They saw Theodore and Victoria coming back and were just about to go inside and get them when they started having sex. They didn't stop them so they let them continue and decided to come inside after them once they were finished.