Chapter 4 - Unfaithful

(Madison's POV)

I slipped on a midnight blue, satin, revealing dress and kept my hair wavy.

Once I was ready for the party, I wandered into my closet and shut the doors behind me, locking them.

I picked up a few darts from the side table and started violently throwing them at the walls.

If you think it's that easy to stay in control, then you're lying to yourself. I will do anything to stay in control. Anything...

I heard a car horn sound and immediately knew it was Jake.

I grabbed my clutch and my phone and left my house, ready for anything to come my way tonight.

I gave him my iconic smile as I pulled the seatbelt over me. He smiled back and started the engine.

The car journey was silent the whole ride there. There was nothing more to say between us. He had leverage against me and for now he was the king pushing his queen wherever he wanted.

But I had a plan. One he wasn't going to see coming.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

"Madison!" Brooke exclaims, hugging me tightly when I arrive.

I hug her back and we walk into the kitchen joining the rest of the group.

I start pouring myself a drink, I had a feeling it was going to be a long night. The boys were carrying a keg through the kitchen to go in the garden, while the girls were pouring out shots for later.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you guys at lunch." Jade says, out of nowhere.

Her eyes flutter, and I notice her hand is slightly shaking, as she pours her third drink of the evening.

"I invited my boyfriend tonight if that's okay." I smile at her, I was always curious to find out who this secret boyfriend of hers was.

She was never usually mysterious or secretive so this was clearly a big deal for her.

"Sounds great!" I reply, offering her a shot.

"Come on babe, you can't be the only one doing shots." I say, winking, as I pick up a shot for myself and push a few towards the rest of the girls.

As we take our shots, the boys come back in, laughing about something.

I see Jake's eyes are dead set on mine but I brush it off, ignoring him, knowing my plan was all set for tonight.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

The party was in full swing by midnight, most of senior year were scattered through Grace's house; dancing, flirting and getting wasted.

Meanwhile upstairs on the roof, a darkness was looming as the hot new royal couple of Crystal Hills were staring daggers at each other while their friends staggered about, too drunk to see anything.

Madison took yet another shot of alcohol, which burned the already scorching fire in her throat.

Her boyfriend held her waist and had a grip on her which she could not shake loose. He was of course, like the others, intoxicated.

Madison felt her legs go weak but she was determined to stay standing, to stay in control of herself. She couldn't let her drunken state get the better of her and ruin her plan.

Grace suddenly latched onto Madison's hand and she was pulled free of Jake's hold on her as she was being dragged by her best friend through a winding corridor leading out to the backyard.

Grace turned to look at Madison, her eyes were watery and she weirdly seemed sober, even after the many drinks she had had that night.

As her best friend stared at her nervously, Madison looked up at the night sky which was full of shining stars. Madison blinked in awe, but her smile quickly fell when she looked back down at her best friend who was silently crying.

"Grace? What is it?" Madison asks, feeling herself sober up.

"It's Lexi." Grace replies, holding back a sob.

"I was meant to meet her that night, I was meant to meet her after her date with Alex. She's dead because of me."

She lets out a loud cry and Madison takes her best friends hand, feeling her grief swarm her.

"She's not dead because of you Grace."

"No! You don't understand!" Grace exclaims loudly, letting go of her best friends hand.

"She wanted to run away. On her own. There was something seriously going on in her life. She was hiding something big, I'm sure of it." Grace confesses to Madison.

Grace takes a deep breath and leaves her best friend in the backyard alone, shocked at what she just heard.

Madison suddenly hears voices coming from the corridor that Grace had just entered.

Madison hides behind a wall, staying hidden in the shadows.

"You're not fooling anyone. Neither of you are man." Madison heard a familiar voice speak, the guy sounded worried.

"You need to make it believable and more real. She has to want you. She has to love you." The voice continued.

Madison realised she recognised that voice, it was all too familiar to her.

Another familiar cold voice spoke. "Mate, I have it all figured out. You don't need to worry about anything. By the end of next week I'll have her place on the throne and she'll be no more."

"Good, she needs to know whose in control here. She did enough damage last summer. She needs to know how powerless we can make her."

"It will be done. I promise you. She'll get what's coming to her."

The two voices drifted away as they went in the opposite direction of Madison.

She immediately followed the voices down the corridor, carefully staying in the dark, not wanting to be seen.

She turned the corner and saw the two guys enter the roof where her other friends danced.

Who was really drunk and who was just faking it? Who could she really trust?

After all, her ex-boyfriend Logan and her current boyfriend Jake, were planning her quick resignation from the throne. But what they didn't know, was that Madison wasn't going to give up her crown without a fight.

And a fight they would get...