Chapter 13 - Cut and run

If Madison wasn't paranoid and anxious after she killed Logan. She certainly was now.

There were police everywhere, cornering off the edge of the woods with crime scene tape. They had all been told to head back home, considering what they had just seen. Everyone was now heading back to the parking lot.

Adam was comforting Grace who was silently crying. For once, they were actually looking like a loved-up couple and not faking it. Carter and Lola were holding hands but the tension between them could be cut with a knife. The close act was definitely for show. Brooke and Grayson were speaking quietly about what they had just seen. Elena was walking close behind them on the phone to her father who was scolding her for being out so late, even though it was pretty much mandatory, considering she was known to be one of Logan's friends.

Jake was watching Elena, both fear and love shimmering in his eyes. But worry was not one of them.

While Jake watched Elena; Madison watched Jake. He seemed to be pretty calm when he saw the body. Did this mean that he was the one that moved it? Seeing as he was the only person, other than Logan, to know what Madison had done, it seemed very likely.

Madison nodded to Liam to signal him to go ahead without her. She would catch him up soon anyway. He carried on towards the parking lot, while Madison creeped through the trees, following Jake.

She then snuck up behind him and pulled him back by his arm, slamming him against a tree that stood amongst the shadows.

"What the hell did you do?" She confronted him, pinning his arms tightly against the tree.

"Whatever you may think of me, I didn't do this. How would it benefit me exactly?" He said, truthfully.

"Because I threatened you, that's why. I chose you to be the bait and in the same day her body was moved. Plus you were the only person to know what happened to her."

"You sure about that?" He asked.

"Of course I am!" She replied.

"You shouldn't be." Jake stepped away from the tree, forcing Madison to release her grip on him.

"I'm not the person you need to be afraid of, Madison." He told her, seriously.

"Who do I need to be afraid of then?" She asked him, her arms folded and her expression blank.

"Them." Jake told her, his head turning towards the rest of their friends who were lingering around the parking lot, still chatting.

"Why do you think that?" She asked him.

He turned his head back to face her.

"Because they all want the crown and they would all love to see you fall."

"Just like you?" She asked him, already knowing the answer.

"I did, but now I'm just going to step back and let things happen naturally." He stepped back away from her, putting a safe distance between them.

"No one is going to catch you when you fall. Not even him." He looked at Liam who was chatting with Grayson by his car as he waited for Madison.

"Everyone has secrets, even the new boy in town." He told her quietly, before leaving her in the dark, her head spinning.

You would think that the Queen would be plotting a way to find out all of Liam's secrets. But instead, she ignored Jake's accusations and started to plan his demise. This would be the end of him, for sure.

Unfortunately ignoring Jake's warnings would end with Madison distraught and utterly heartbroken.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪