prologue

"But, Mom, I don't want to play lacrosse anymore!"

Twelve-year-old Logan was standing in the living room, arguing with her Mom about going to her lacrosse game. She has been playing for half of the season, but her parents could already tell that she doesn't want to play anymore. Just another sport she excels at but hates playing.

"Baby, you are already halfway through the season, you cannot stop now," her mother said while picking up her daughters bag and walking her out the front door of the small brick house.

"Can't I just quit? Or fake an injury?" Logan asked as she put all of her weight on her lacrosse stick while standing outside the doors of her Mother's white escalade.

"Logan, you cannot quit and do not joke about that stuff. Now, get your cute little butt inside that vehicle, or we are going to be late," Claire said while peering down the side of the vehicle as she put all of her daughter's things in the back.

"I don't want to play anymore. It's stupid. Let me play something else," Logan mumbled as she buckled her seatbelt and went to her lacrosse game with a frown on her face.

***

Logan was outside the next morning playing basketball with her older brother and some other kids from the neighborhood. There are only a couple of sports that she still hasn't tried, and basketball was one of them.

"David, she is an all-around athlete, but she complains about every sport that she plays, and she doesn't enjoy them. She doesn't even have the opportunity to get better because she won't play for more than a year," Claire said while standing in the kitchen talking to her husband.

"Sweetheart, there has to be something else we haven't tried that she will at least enjoy," David said while fixing some waffles and eggs.

"Have we put her into softball yet? Jake likes baseball; maybe she will like softball?" Claire said.

"At all of his games, she never showed interest in it at all, so I doubt she wants to play. What about hockey?" David mentioned while putting all of his food on a plate and grabbing the syrup.

"If she doesn't like lacrosse, do you think she will like hockey?" Claire said while sitting her coffee down on the counter and looking out the window.

"It's always worth a shot. What if we tried-"

"Basketball," Claire said while staring out the window in awe.

"Basketball? I don't know about that one Claire. That's a little different than all she has-"

"David come here," she said while grabbing her husband's arm and pulling him away from his food and towards the window. Logan was outside, dribbling a basketball with a smile on her face and playing with all the boys who were older than her.

"Well, I guess we can try basketball."

a/n:

hey there, welcome to my book! I hope you enjoy it. this is just a small intro into how Logan got into basketball and it creates a short backstory that will be helpful for certain points in the story. love you :)