9 - wildflowers

Logan's POV

As soon as I came inside with all of my stuff, I bolted up the steps. I had about thirty minutes before Alex was going to be here, so I needed to take a quick shower and get ready. I also feel like he will get here early.

I showered, and once I got out, I went to my closet with a towel wrapped around me. I didn't know what to wear. Alex said he was just showing me around, so I figured I should go simple, but cute. I decided on a pair of black jeans with a plain green short sleeve shirt tucked in. I rolled the sleeves up one time, so they were cuffed.

I dried my hair very lightly because I was so short on time, and it was still damp. I pulled it into a low bun and pulled some strands out to frame my face.

"Logan, your boyfriend is here!" I heard my Dad yell up the steps.

I hate him sometimes.

"I'll be down in a minute, hold on!" I yelled back.

I curled my eyelashes and put on some mascara before putting on a stacked set of gold necklaces. I sprayed some perfume and put on some lip gloss before taking one last look at myself and bolting out of the bathroom.

I shut all the lights off and ran down the steps, trying not to trip in the process.

"You're early," I said as I walked into the kitchen.

Alex turned around and had a bouquet full of wildflowers in his hand. His head was free of his hat, and he wore a regular light blue t-shirt and blue jeans along with boots. He seemed to wear the same thing, but I did too so I couldn't say anything.

"You're early, and you brought flowers?" I said as I walked towards him. He handed me the bouquet and has yet to say anything, but he had a look on his face. A look like he didn't know what to say.

"Yeah, I, um, picked them when I got home," he said as she slid his hands into the front pocket of his jeans.

"That's sweet of you, I'll put these in a vase, and then we can go. Dad, have you scared him already?" I said as I turned and looked at him with a pointed look on my face.

"I have done no such thing. I like him. Better than that piece of shit you were with in North Carolina," Dad said as he leaned against the island.

I was putting water into the vase, and I could feel the awkwardness starting.

"Dad, be quiet," I said as I took the bow off of the flowers and slid them into the empty vase.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Alex.

"Ready when you are," he said with a smile on his face.

"Alright, bye Dad," I said as I grabbed my wallet.

"See you kiddo. Not too late, you have school tomorrow," he said as we walked towards the front door.

I just rolled my eyes. Alex opened the door for me, and as soon as the door was shut, I started talking.

"I am so sorry about my Dad and not being ready when you got here."

"Your Dad was fine, he didn't say anything bad anyway, just the expected," he said with a smile on his face. I have learned that I like outside of school Alex more than I do inside of school Alex. Outside of school, he is chill, while inside, he seems more tense and uptight.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as I approached the passenger side of his truck. He opened the door for me, and I hopped in.

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he said before he shut the door.