14 - dresses and dinners

Logan's POV

"I like the other one better," Carson said as she sat in the chair looking at me.

"What is it with you and putting me in tight clothes?" I asked her as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Hey, you have the curves and the ass, so flaunt it. Loose dresses are for prom," Carson said as she sat there looking me up and down.

"Yes, mother. So seriously, what do you think of this one?" I asked as I looked at it in the mirror. It was a pretty dress. It was a mid-thigh red dress with a straight neckline and tied spaghetti straps in the back.

"I like it, but something is off. You look gorgeous in it, but it's just something," Carson said as she stood up and looked at the dress. I couldn't help but agree with her.

"I wonder if they have the dress in black, I bet it would look better then," I said as I looked at Carson.

"Black? I can go look on the rack," she said as she walked back over to where I found the dress the first time. As I watched her pick through the dresses, she held up a black dress that looked exactly like the red one I had on. I shot her a thumbs up and stepped down from the pedestal.

Carson walked over with the dress, and I took it from her and said, "I bet it will look a lot better now."

I went back into the dressing room and took the red dress off before slipping the black one on. As I tightened the ties, I realized that I was right. The black one looked so much better than the red, and it made my body looked even better than it did. I guess six years of non-stop basketball pays off.

I stepped out of the room and looked at Carson before putting a hand on the wall and throwing the other hand up for dramatics. She let out a low whistle before looking me up and down.

"Damn, girl, can I be your date?" Carson said as she brought her phone out.

"I think there is a line. First, it's Alex, then Cora," I said while laughing as I took a step on the pedestal.

"How did Cora get in front of me? That sneaky bitch," Carson said as she looked at me in the mirror, "You do look beautiful, that dress is perfect. What shoes do you want?"

"What kind are you wearing?" I asked as I turned to the side and looked at the dress.

"Probably a short blush heel to match my dress. Let's go find you a pair," she said as she started to walk towards the shoe side, so I followed her.

She looked at me through a smile on her face as we looked at the shelf, "So?"

"So what?"

"You haven't been talking about you and Alex, so what's going on?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Considering you knew about this homecoming scheme, you probably know more than me," I said while I picked up a shoe.

"Oh come on, you guys have been hanging out for so long. You have got to have something going on. Give me some type of drama in my life," Carson said as she looked at me with an exasperated face.

"Dude, I doubt you want to hear about me and Alex's personal life," I looked for a worker, "Can I have this in an eight please?"

"Yes ma'am," A older man said as he took the shoe and walked in a different direction.

"Personal life? So what's going on? Has he asked you to be his girlfriend yet? Have you kissed yet? Omg, have you fucked?"

I looked at her and crossed my arms while laughing, "Carson, stop it."