1 - oh how the turned tables

Logan's POV

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce

Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce.

"LOGAN!"

"What?" I asked while smiling.

"Keep the basketball off of the table, and stop bouncing it in the house," my Dad said with an annoyed look on his face.

"Alright I will, I'm getting ready to go to the gym anyway and meet the team," I said while grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Remember we have the dinner party tonight, be back in time so that you are dressed and ready to leave by 5:30. Please tell me you have bought a formal outfit," my Dad pleaded as he followed me out the kitchen and towards the front door of the apartment.

"I will be back in time, and I did buy something the other day. Don't worry. The dinner will go fine," I said as I grabbed my keys and my bag.

"Kickass shortie."

"Kickass Dad."

I walked down to the parking lot and got into my black Dodge Charger. It had been a gift from my grandparents who live in England whom I have never met, but they seem pretty cool to me.

I made my way to the rec center, where some girls on my high school team are getting together to play some games against some guys on the boy's team at our school. It was about a 10-minute drive from my apartment, by it went by fast with the music playing. I grabbed my bag, locked my vehicle, and went inside.

"Hey, Logan!" My friend Trinity called out as I walked onto one of the courts that everyone was standing on.

"Hey guys, what's up?" I asked as I walked over towards a bench and took my bag off.

"Let's count on you to be one of the last people to be here, Anderson." I heard a familiar voice say as I was taking my water bottle out of the bag.

"Shut it, Cole," I said to my friend Cole Harper as I started to put my hair up, "At least I don't look like I just got out of bed."

"Well, at least I stay in-"

"Alright ladies, who is ready to lose?" I heard one of the boys say from the other team, interrupting Cole's comeback, which wouldn't have ended well.

***

"I'm sorry, time just got away from us," I said as I rushed in the door and headed towards the bathroom. My Dad was already dressed in his suit and was staring at his watch as he watched me walk towards my bathroom.

"You have 20 minutes before my vehicle is pulling out of the parking spot and on the way to the dinner, and you better be ready!" I heard him call out as I shut my bathroom door.

Luckily I was wearing a jumpsuit, so I didn't need to shave my legs, which would take more time in the shower that I wanted to use. After a seven-minute shower, I threw my hair up into a towel, put on a robe and brushed my teeth.

"You have ten minutes Logan, you better be hurrying," I heard my Dad yell.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry," I said as I set a nine-minute timer on my phone and shut my door.

I decided that I wouldn't be able to put on all of my makeup right now, so I would put on as much as I could before finishing it in the car. I thoroughly dried my hair and then took a straightener through some of the wavy parts. After the eight minutes of hair, I threw all of my makeup into a bag and pulled the jumpsuit out of the closet.