Struggles

Third person POV:

(Btw this is after the quest)

Mario trained in the training field in silence with a few cavernern Dragon roars here and there. Most of his attacks didn't hit his target like usual but he was extremely off this morning. Ritchie frowned while Brandon stared at him unimpressed. David and Inmo just laughed while Tapio stared at him confused. Kit was nowhere to be seen. Mario sighed in frustration as he clenched his fists tightly.

"Mario what's wrong with you!?" Brandon yelled.
"What's wrong with your coordination today!?"

"He never had coordination" David snickered.

"True but it was extremely off today. His coordination is bad but not that bad" Ritchie said as he stared at the young Dragon slayer.

Mario stayed silent ignoring all the stares he was receiving.

"Mario are you okay?" Lukas asked.

Mario didn't respond. It was as if he spaced out for a second. Brandon coughed.

"EARTH TO MARIO ARE YOU THERE!?" He asked while throwing a few gales at him.

Mario fell back against the hay wall.

"Ouch!" He muttered.

"That's enough training for today..." Brandon muttered still unimpressed by Mario's lack of improvement.

"Let's go brother" Ritchie said as he and his twin brother walked towards the guild hall slightly disappointed at the young Dragon slayer.

Mario sighed as he picked himself up. Inmo and David had already left dragging Lukas with them. He stared up at the sky. 

"Why can't I focus..." He asked himself as he stared at the vast blue sky.

He calmed himself and tried to recollect his thoughts. He growled then punched the dummy.

"WHY CAN'T I JUST FOCUS FOR ONCE!?" He yelled as he abused the poor dummy.

(Press F to pay your respects to the poor dummy)

He lashed his undying anger and frustration on the poor dummy that he couldn't hear the soft voice calling for him in the distance. The voice got louder and louder desperately trying to gain his attention. It was at that moment he felt the soft touch of a hand placed on his hard shoulders that he jumped up and turned around still in sheer frustration. He saw the small but innocent face of a young familiar girl her big blue eyes stared at him ever so worried for his well being. Her long golden hair swayed on the wind as she still firmly kept her hand on his broad shoulders. Mario growled at her. She didn't flinch. She stayed there in the same position like a statue. As if she was unable to move. Mario tried to brush her hand of his shoulder but her hand was stuck onto him like blue or even worse, practically attached to him and wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"Mario..." Her soft voice spoke as she felt chills run down her spine looking at Mario.

"Kit let go of me!" He snapped.

"No I won't!" She replied back still keeping her calm composure.
"What's wrong with you Mario!? What's with the sudden change in your personality!?"

"I've always been like this Kit. I was a criminal. Is it really that hard to believe I wouldn't have acted this way at all!?" He yelled.

"Sure you were a criminal but don't forget I was one too!" She snapped. "Yet I don't act this way!"

"We are all different Kit!" He yelled. "We have different ways on how we cope with stuff. Same goes personality wise!"

"MARIO WHAF THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!?" Kit asked worried for her big brother.