IT AU

Requested by VocaRonpaV3! I hope you enjoy!

Oliver's Traits: A little laid-back tbh
Reader's Traits: -
Closeness: Friends
Relationship: Friends
Other Casts: Mayu, IA, Yuki, Fukase
Fluff Meter: 6/10
Fanservice Meter: Probably doesn't exist in this chapter lmao

Happy reading!

"Happy birthday!"

We cheered as our light-haired senior, Mayu, blew out her candles. She was turning 15 today, and decided to invite us all to her birthday party at our local fast food restaurant.

"Thanks to everyone who came today!" Mayu took a bow as we surrounded her like a crowd. "I appreciate each and every one of you, so please, have a slice each!"

She quickly cut the cake and gave a piece to each of the party guests. The 9-year-olds squealed with joy as she continued with her speech.

"I know some of you people like magic tricks and balloons, so I asked my mom to find a clown!"

Everyone gasped in surprise, and the younger children ecstatically welcomed the masked magician onto the front of the room.

I sat beside my friend, Oliver. We weren't really fond of clowns but we didn't mind them. We just thought this party was a little too old to have invited a clown.

I heard voices of little children around the ages of 10 have a conversation with each other.

"Did you know? People dress up as clowns and kill people!"

"What?! No! There's no way they do that, the clowns are to nice and funny to be killers."

"But it's true! Don't you know anything about killers?"

We shrugged our shoulders at them and continued to watch the clown. He tried his hardest to please the older audiences too, but his jokes were a little stale. It was almost sad to watch.

The younger audiences on the other hand, loved his jokes and his balloons. He shaped them into the typical, flowers, dogs, swords, hearts...

Oliver got up.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To ask Mayu where we can burn time while the clown entertains the younger audience. You want to come with me?"

I stood up as well and followed him to Mayu's direction, who was checking her phone before looking up to greet us.

"Yes?"

"Is there anywhere we can go while, you know, the clown entertains the younger audience?"

Mayu smiled strangely. "You betcha! Come with me." She ushered us upstairs. At the same time, she was mumbling, "Hmm, a room for a date, huh?"

"It-it's not like that!" We both blushed and frantically denied it.

Mayu smirked. "Yeah, sure."

She got to a room with a gaming console and two controllers. "I invite IA to play with me on a daily basis and you know her, thirsty for every single game in the market. Feel free to pick and choose," she said, while reaching for the door. "I'll leave you two 'lovebirds' in here alone."

Before we could protest, she was already gone.

The room was silent for a while with two red-faced (pre-)teens who just sat down and took a controller. Without saying anything, the atmosphere just got much, much more awkward because of Mayu's idiocy.