FORTY-ONE

Hello!
New update!
Vote and comment please.
Inline comments are loveeeddd! 🥰
Happy reading! 🤩

It was a month later when Nandini sat in her classroom with a grumpy mood doodling Manik's name on her notebook instead of focusing on her lectures.

He hadn't texted her neither had he called her. And when she tried calling him, his phone was switched off. Thinking he might be busy she begun her day without her dose of morning happiness.

"Nandini? Focus yaar! I know you are missing him but if you miss this lecture then your gonna miss your future patients!" Her friend, Aavya whispered and she tried to focus again but in vain.

She pulled her hairs in frustration and put her head down on the desk.

Aiyappa why? Where is this monster today? Why did he leave me alone? She asked her Aiyappa and frowned. Today even her talk session with Aiyappa wasn't giving her peace.

Her peace hadn't talked to her, how could she be at peace.

Anyhow she stuck through the lecture and as soon as the bell rang Nandini slumped down on the seat. She had no energy to go through this.

It wasn't her day today. It really wasn't, first her periods had hit in wee hours and now she wasn't able to reach Manik. The period cramps were just the cherry on the top, which she always hated. It was taking everything in her to not lay down on the desk itself.

The desk seemed like a comfortable bed to her, she was that tired. "Hey? You okay?" Aavya asked.

"Period cramps." Nandini replied feebly and Aavya nodded in understanding. "They suck!" She exclaimed with a scrunched nose.

"But, abhi lets leave. Come, i will walk with you to the hostel." Nandini stood up with a nod and slowly gathered her books.

She pulled her bag over her shoulder when her phone ringed.

Looking at the callers name first a smile graced her lips which soon changed into a scowl.

"What the fuck, Manik!" She snarled into the phone.

"Hello to you too? Sunshine." He said chuckling.

"Cut the crap, Manik. Where the hell were you?"

"Ohh someone was missing me huh!?" He teased but sadly for him she wasn't in a mood to joke.

"Manik!" She stretched out warningly as she started walking angrily out the door of the building.

"I am sorry. I was busy with something." She sighed as he apologized.

"It's fine. Your okay?"

"Yeah!" He said. "Where are you?"

"Just getting out of the campus..." She sighed and let out a sigh, "I miss you. I miss seeing you smile!" She told him sadly, "And it's super sad that i can't meet you!"

"Really?" He asked as she came out from the building.

"Yeah..." She stopped walking and furrowed her brows. "Manik?" She drawled. "Do you know i really wanna hug you?" She said a little embarrassed.

"Is that so?" He asked.

"Yes!" She replied instantly.
"Then... How can I not complete your wish? Your wish is my command."
"Look up," He ordered.

"What?"

"Nandini? I said look up!" He said and she finally looked up only to seem him standing just 15 feet away from her under a tree holding his phone near to his ear.

Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें