Chapter 10: Bittersweet Dreams and Steamy Flashbacks

“Babe, I love you!” he screamed at the top of his lungs. They were at the rooftop of Ken’s house owned by his parents. He’s grinning and beaming at the same time.

The love he has for Georgina, his life, is very visible on his handsome face. He feels contented and satisfied with his babe. Georgina in turn, answered back with an I love you too.

She leaned into Ken’s chest and cradled her head on his broad shoulders. He smells heavenly and the warmth radiating off him sent tingling sensations all over her.

She ward off the erotic thoughts instead, she just savored this moment. A moment of silence with Ken tangled up in a tight embrace while he nuzzles he hair.

It is utterly sweet, watching the sunset from here. 

 It gives a euphoric feeling of happiness and contentment at the same time. She wants to freeze this moment and live in it forever. Oh, erase, erase. Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen’s Catching Fire moment, eh? But honestly, this moment they shared is really sweet and unforgettable.

As the sun descends and darkness crept up, it flooded her with futuristic thoughts about them. She thought of her future with this sweet and handsome man.

Oh how she would welcome him after he got home from work. How excited she was to bear their children and raise them will the outpouring love parents could give to them.

Their dream house near the beach is also considered. Her thoughts about her future with him were interrupted by his kiss. It was just a chaste kiss to get her attention.

She giggled and they both laughed. And then those laughs fade into a horrible cry as Ken steps back and slowly walk out of her sight and life.

She was startled by a hand shaking her. “Bes, wake up!”

Her eyes popped open as she gasped for air. A nightmare, she thought, or a bittersweet dream rather.

“Bes, you had a nightmare! I thought you wouldn’t wake up. You’ll be the death of me,” Kate said in an agonized tone.

“Yeah, but I don’t think so bes, ” she said as she started crying again.

“Hush George, I told you it’s going to be okay. Whatever it is that you’ve dreamt of, it’s just nothing. It meant nothing, okay?”

“But it’s not just nothing. I’ve dreamt of my happy moments with Ken. Those happened in real life bes.  Those were the times we’re happily in love and madly in love with each other. I can’t ignore them. I just can’t..” she said hysterically.

“George, they resurface because you repressed those thoughts. Unresolved grieves keep coming back, you must face them now. No matter how hard you try to escape or ignore them, they’ll just keep coming back. Face them now, solve them in order for you live peacefully and happily.”

“I might as well take that one Kate. But those dreams are mere flashbacks, aren’t they? However, it still doesn’t change the fact that Ken and I aren’t going to have the second chance at love though I still feel the same way for him.”

“Fight! Aja!” Kate said while punching her fist in the air way up high. Laughter echoed in the room.

KEN’S POV..

As I ran from Georgina’s fury, I can’t help but think how fool I was for leaving her. Do I have a choice that way back then?

 I tried to explain my reasons why I left, but it’ll only make the situation more complicated. She’s still miserable and frail and I don’t want to cause more damage.